The Medicaid IT Value Stream Lead (VSL) builds strategic partnerships and manages relationships between IT and the aligned business group(s). The VSL facilitates guidance to business partners on information technology (IT) solutions, stays current on and leverages industry trends, and challenges business and IT to drive for best outcomes by leveraging the best technology solutions. This is achieved by having a clear understanding of business, its strategic direction, and targeted outcomes along with technology trends both internal and external to the organization. The role serves as the Single Point of Contact representing assigned business area(s) to the IT organization. The VSL partners with each IT State lead to ensure RFP responses are accurate and reflect the true and competitive capabilities Humana brings to the table in their assigned value stream. The VSL drives solutions at an organizational level to provide maximum value and align to the overarching IT strategy. They measure value to demonstrate and promote the value of IT to their respective areas and the organization as a whole.ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities
- Accountable for understanding and prioritizing all delivery in their assigned value stream that supports the business goals of the Medicaid program
- Looks for opportunities to develop and implement best practice changes within their value stream to drive Humana to faster and more streamlined delivery cycles
- Builds and maintains relationships with business leaders to understand the business strategy and needs and to advocate technology solutions to deliver results
- Partners with State leads to support RFPs, Audits, amendments, and other activities to enable the successful execution of Medicaid contracts
- Responsible for ensuring cross value stream dependencies are identified and cared for during implementation and system improvements
- Acts as a trusted conduit - the voice of the customer to IT and the voice of IT to the customer, ensuring the objectives of both are met.
- Stays current on relevant technologies leading efforts to match business needs with best technology solutions
- Ensures Technology investment roadmaps stay relevant and accurately reflect the investment plan and timing for assigned business areas
- Owns end to end accountability for the ongoing quality control development and delivery of IT products and services for each assigned value stream
- Accountable for program execution and delivery in line with initiative objectives, benefits, and success criteria
- Develops, shares, and leverages best practices across IT
- Works with the business to define, prioritize, and manage projects that align with the business and IT strategy, for annual strategic plan
- Leads teams to clarify scope and provide solutions to business requirements during initial discovery by conducting meetings/interviews, and facilitating large group/cross-functional sessions with partners
- Effectively influences key stakeholders, team members, and peers outside of direct controls of this role to deliver optimal solutions in line with the best interests and expectations of the business partner
- Conducts executive level briefing presentations and solution recommendations for the assigned value streams, including weekly leadership prioritization and updates on state of the value stream
- Demonstrated experience tracking and implementing trending technologies to successfully drive business performance
- Possess 8+ years of progressive experience leading continuous improvement efforts, evaluating existing systems and/or implementing process improvements.
- 4+ years leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing allocation of resources.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
- Master's degree in related field (Program/Project Management, Health Information Systems, Health Care Leadership, etc.)
- Broad Medicaid Industry & Technology knowledge including cloud technologies, automation, and/or AI/Machine learning
- Business Relationship Management Skills
- Demonstrated skills championing for the technology consumer
- Ability to provide sufficient and relevant detail to our State leads to enable them to have productive interactions with our State and Federal regulatory agencies
- Experience crafting or contributing to technology strategy
- Change Leadership - demonstrated success promoting change by helping others to change and removing barriers
- Flexible and adaptable dealing with ambiguous situations
- Negotiation skills - both with internal key IT and Business stakeholders and vendors
- Consulting skills - able to assimilate business knowledge and knowledge of internal customer's unique needs/situation. Provide options and tools to make informed decisions.
- Analytical skills to evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements.
- Observational skills to validate data obtained via other techniques and expose new areas for elicitation.
- Influencing Skills - ability to influence others at multiple organizational levels, to lead and work in a team environment; ability to lead collaborative efforts with user, development, business and support groups
- Facilitation skills to lead requirements elicitation workshops
- An understanding of contemporary requirements elicitation, analysis, specification, verification, and management practices and the ability to apply them in practice, prefer experience with several Software Development Life Cycles in a team environment.
- Challenge skillset to teach, tailor and take control of opportunity definition & initiation with business partners
- Strategic communicator - able to simplify the complex with proven experience presenting to top level executives.
- Financial analysis & ROI modeling skills
- Solid understanding of operations, technology, communications and processes