We are helping the Bank evolve to meet the needs of the future.
TD Bank API Program is the Bank’s organizational unit charged with helping the Bank build, integrate and transition to using Web RESTful APIs. The API Program provides Frameworks for building APIs; Portfolio Management, Standards and Governance Services; API Development Consulting and 1-time project implementation services. The Program serves all segments in the Bank. Additionally, the Team is creating an API Development Centre of Excellence to accelerate our ability to build APIs for our stakeholders. We are a very active part of the TD Applications and Systems Development Community.
TD Applications & Systems Development covers technical planning, integration, systems analysis, design, development, unit and component systems testing, support-maintenance, and more. Meaningful, effective relationship-building is part of what these highly-skilled experts do best as they work together with technology project managers, delivery partners, business and systems analysts, testing and quality assurance teams, sponsors and so many other stakeholders to clarify requirements.
Key Technologies and Capabilities
From a technical side, we are responsible for:
– Introducing and building enterprise API (Web Restful) technology, API Gateway, API Specification (RAML/Swagger) and API Management Systems in the bank.
– Developing, Maintaining and Rolling out API & Micro Services frameworks (Nodejs and Java)
– Defining and rolling out the API Security standards (OAuth 2.0) in the Bank, Developing unified authentication platform for authentication and authorization across every TD enterprise API and all the consuming applications.
– Creating, Assembling and Maintaining a set of cutting-edge DevOps tools for API PDLC and Operations, including: Confluence, Jira, Jenkins, Nexus, Veracode, Cloudify, Salt, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift.
– Creating the migration strategy on legacy technologies to API & Micro Services architecture and technology in the Bank.
– Support LOB API development team to help them through the full project life-cycle, from design to development to deployment.
– Developing and standardizing the API deployment on TD Private Cloud using TOSCA blueprints and Salt scripts across DEV/SIT/PAT/PROD environments and Hybrid Clouds (portable among Public/Private Clouds) using Docker and Openshift.
– Building and maintaining API gateway to allow the Bank to externalize APIs to be consumed by external partners to the Bank.
– Building and maintaining the Bank’s API management applications for metrics collection, book of records, governance, API inventory, simulators and etc.
– Building and operating an API Development Centre of Excellence – This is a capability to allow us to offer full lifecycle API Development capabilities tootherparts of the Bank!
About This Role
We are looking for someone to lead a team of ambitious technology professionals as they deliver a wide range of application or system solutions.
You’ll also have the opportunity to provide technical guidance and leadership beyond your immediate team.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager.
Here’s some of what you may be asked to perform:
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to others in a lead capacity and works autonomously.
- Responsible for core API technology/platform development / design including API & Micro Services frameworks, API Metrics, API Security Standards, Devops and Unified Authentication & Authorization Platform, etc.
- Lead design and development of inner source API projects in the Bank.
- Acts as an internal expert resource in the exchange of technical information for project teams, and provides technical insight and recommendations to the business and/or outside.
- Primary subject matter expert in multiple areas and consults with clients/or project teams with respect to all aspects of research, analysis, design, hardware software support and/or development of technical solutions and/or testing.
- Contribute technology expertise to the API Development Centre of Excellence to drive API Development initiatives.
- Ensure all requirements, project plans, and changes to commitment are communicated to all affected team members.
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders to support / develop sound business cases with an on-going focus on reusability, scalability, innovation and enterprise-wide solutions.
- Work with technology partners to collect requirements for API core technologies.
- Act as an escalation point for risks and issues affecting the development team, and for working to define and implement mitigation strategies.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders to drive API Consumption, reuse and alignment to DASH and organizational objectives.
- Set targets and objectives for the team, and deliver results.
- Grow team expertise to meet demand and to support TD’s technology direction; assess team capabilities, always look for ways to enhance value delivered.
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- Undergraduate or Master Degree on Computer Science or Mathematics or related majors is required. R&D experience is a plus.
- Passionate in new technologies and technology industry trends.
- Prior experience with Web Restful APIs development based on API JSON Specifications (RAML/Swagger) is required.
- Prior experience with API Security (OAuth 2.0) and good knowledge of authorization and authentication standards and protocols (SAML, Kerberos, OpenID Connect and etc.)
- Recent hands on experience (2+ years) of Nodejs V4+ is required.
- Expertise on core Java (7+ years), recent hands on solution design and development on Java 8 is required.
- Good knowledge of JAX-RS and Servlet V3.0 and V3.1 standards and implementation.
- Good knowledge of Micro Services architectures, Reactive programming and Serverless programming.
- Prior experience on implementing API gateway solution or product is recommended.
- Prior experience on leading large scale complex system design or integration in Agile methodology is recommended.
- Extensive knowledge and prior experience on two or more of DevOps stacks (Nexus, Jira, Confluence, Jenkin Pipeline and Bitbuck).
- Good knowledge of containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Sysdig and Twistlock) is recommended.
- Prior experience with one or more Cloud technologies (Cloudify, Salt, Openstack, AWS, AZure, Bluemix and etc) is recommended.
- Experience on J2EE Technologies such as JMS, MQ, Servlets, HTML, Java Script, XML, XSD, Hibernate, JPA, MyBatis and etc is recommended.
- Experience with configuring, developing, and deploying scalable applications within web/application frameworks and servers (JBoss 6.5+, Apache/Tomcat, Spring Boots, Spring MVC, Webshpere and etc.) is recommended.
- Good knowledge of SQL and one of RDBMS: MySQL, Oracle, DB2 and MS SQL.
- Good Knowledge of performance testing tooling, like JMeter, LoadRunner, SOATest, CA Lisa and etc.
- Good knowledge of UNIX (Linux, AIX and etc.) OS or VMware and Windows.
- Advanced understanding of technology standards, businesses and/or organizational practices/ disciplines.
- Readiness and motivation to lead a group or team of IT professionals (e.g. <10) responsible for development/solutions design and/or system enhancements, new releases or project deliverables with increasing complexity of moderate to broad scope.
- Proven success in problem solving and coming up with strategies and plans for operational improvement.
- Knowledge and understanding of Secure Development Lifecycle practices
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, share your knowledge and educate others.
- Communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical professionals.
- Cultivate winning relationships by building trust with business and technology partners.
- Share our commitment to productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Embrace change and witness amazing things happen – from the inside.