Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm's books and records, and by contributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley's various industry and government regulators and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley's various businesses and its senior management team..
- Provide finance coverage and support to Investment Management and Wealth Management Technology groups, Technology Senior Business Managers, Technology CAOs & CIOs as well as Business COOs
- Drive detailed input into global budgeting/forecasting process, working extensively with Technology Finance systems and tools
- Ensure correct accounting of labor, applying capitalization guidelines (SOP98-1), and understanding/explaining variances as part of the month end process
- Prepare reporting of monthly/quarterly financials for both Technology providers and receivers and present insights to SBMs, COOs and the CIO in a consolidated and standardized fashion, enabling key decisions and actions
- Understand how to retrieve, manipulate and interpret data from multiple tools to facilitate decision support for both providers and receivers
- Work closely with Business Managers and COOs to ensure technology groups meet their financial targets during the year, and throughout the forecast/budget process.
- Provide comprehensive financial advice & expertise; financial management support, including strategic and tactical business support
- Prioritize multiple deliverables and clients with competing initiatives, along with the ability to work under client demands and strict time constraints
- Understand labor rates (both compensation and consulting) during Budget/Forecast Cycles as well as reviewing/updating in collaboration with the Finance IT support team
- Manage relationships and partner effectively with the global IT Finance teams as well as Corporate FP&A
- Look for opportunities to improve or streamline existing processes and reporting
Valid through: 12/18/2021