We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
- Skills are typically acquired through an undergraduate degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Material Science, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent degree, and minimum of 8 years related experience or through 12 years of related experience.
- Under broad direction, the ideal candidate demonstrates creativity, foresight, and mature engineering judgment in anticipating and solving complex problems during the development and application of new and improved products and processes.
- The role involves applying advanced fluid mechanics theory to develop models for the rheological characterization of fluids, flow modeling, solids transport, viscoelasticity, and friction.
- The ideal candidate has experience in performing numerical modeling, data analysis, correlation, model, and algorithm development for complex projects to aid in the development of proprietary engineering software.
- The role involves collaborating with software development team members to aid in the development and testing of software products by providing engineering functions/algorithms and field support for existing and new software applications.
- The ideal candidate has experience in preparing detailed project plans and will be accountable for delivering projects according to plan.
- The role may involve designing and performing complex specialized tests and simulations including design and construction of modeling apparatus and data acquisition systems.
- The ideal candidate will resolve technical/operational questions and/or negotiates with representatives of other organizations and is considered a subject matter expert.
- PhD related with Fluid Mechanics and Petroleum Engineering is a plus.
- Proficiency in at least one coding language to build and share algorithms with the larger software team is required. Proficiency in C# language is preferred.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team setting and passion for driving and delivering cutting-edge technology projects is a must.
- The role may be performed remotely initially but may require relocation to Houston area in the future.
- Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles give (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available from Technology Tech Professional Leader to a Sr. Technology Tech Professional Leader.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.