Job ID: 15524BR
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That’s Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers – and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Under general supervision, demonstrates a general understanding of the activities performed related toengineering support, installation and/or operations of infrastructure technologies. Plans at an operational level designing and developing technology solutions interfacing with appropriate customers, management, and technical resources. Facilities and/or participates in the design, development, and implementation of technology solutions supporting one or more business and/or technology area. Ability to multi-task in an environment of changing priorities. This job does not manage others.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
Evaluates systems specifications regarding customer requirements, transforming business specifications into cost-effective, technically correct solutions. Prioritizes work and manages projects within established budget objectives and customer priorities. Responsible for adhering to established quality control and security protocols. Provides thedivision, department and business area management with timely and accurate information regarding the statusand performance of the assigned project(s). Builds, leverages, and maintains effective alliances across technical and business community. Interacts with customers to achieve efficient, effective results. Multi-tasks and prioritizes in accordance with business priorities and production availability requirements.
- Develop Intelligent Automation capabilities as a member of an Automation Delivery Team
- Provide input on overall solution for Automation Initiatives on the various teams working with overall technical lead on assigned delivery teams
- Participate in COE activities including, but not limited to Innovation/POC’s, Product Upgrades, Product Evaluation
- Learn standards and best practices to grow into technical leadership role
- Other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent required. 1 year of experience in Technology required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology or a related field preferred.
- 3+ years of experience as a software designer/application architect
- Solid background of working as a team lead/member on large projects/programs
- Familiar with Agile methodologies
- Strong tech technical aptitude
- Experience with VB, VB Script, ASP .Net, or other distributed system technologies
- Experience with Subversion, Github, or other source code repositories
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly collaborative and self-motivated
- Quickly learns new technologies
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
Intermediate knowledge of one or more of the following technical skills: Foundational IT Infrastructure Operating Systems Software Knowledge of process discipline and IDLC methodology
Weekend work hours (Frequency) DOJ Overnight work hours (Frequency) DOJ Holiday work hours (Federal and religious) (Frequency) DOJ
Operates standard office equipment (Frequency) Sitting (can stand at will) (Frequency)
Licensing or Certificates
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.