We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2017. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future! Where the Chemistry Happens… BASF is "The Chemical Company" focused on global challenges today and in the future. Our people change the world each day. We have big goals for our Zachary Site and we're working hard to build our team. This is where you come in. This position will support the Chemical Intermediates (CI) and Battery Electrolytes (CCB) businesses by providing technical expertise for process development for new growth products, process improvements, project management and production support. Technology Engineer (1703725) – Zachary, LA Formula for Success: You Will…
- Assist the Operations Team in technical trouble shooting and providing backup. Participate in the coordination of production, maintenance, technology improvements, health and safety, ecology, and quality assurance, working closely with Operations in a high-performance team environment. Work internationally in support of global Chemical intermediates business as required.
- Evaluate potential opportunities for new products by scaling up from lab and pilot plant data to plant scale. Support process development by coordinating and supervising the internal trial planning meetings, directing online manufacture of trial materials, documenting results of trials, and ensuring trial objectives are met.
- Develop preliminary project scopes, capital estimates, and economic evaluations for potential new products. Produce documentation and lead EHS capital project reviews.
- Develop and implement engineering projects to maintain or improve process safety and plant efficiency.
- Manage small- and medium-sized capital projects, oversee contractors, and execute commissioning and startup. Prepare key deliverables for capital projects, including project scope documents, process flow diagrams, material and energy balances, and bid documents.
- Ensure plant changes or modifications are captured and documented as a part of the Management of Change procedure. Prepare and update operating procedures and P&IDS. Participate in and lead Process Hazards Analysis.
- Support Operations with Custom Manufacturing campaigns and procedures, working with customers and Operations to ensure successful completion of campaigns.
- Determine process modifications for debottlenecking of equipment, troubleshooting of processes, and process evaluation to improve performance and reliability, productions costs, quality, and productivity. Provide Technical Support to the Operations Team in the resolution of plant problems. Utilize technical troubleshooting techniques to improve processes and product quality. Drive continuous improvement through Process Optimization and Asset Effectiveness Management.
- Function as a liaison with all service groups to ensure that work related to the production facilities is accomplished correctly, promptly, and in a cost-effective manner.
- Develop expertise and serve as a global technical expert on Zachary processes for Glymes and Electrolytes production. Serve as a technical resource on process control, instrumentation, DCS automation, interlocks, and safety instrumented systems.
- Prepare and make technical presentations to management, customers, and co-workers.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You… Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry. The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believeinvesting in you isinvesting in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand yournetworkand build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineeringrequired and a minimum of 6 years of experience in a chemical/petrochemical or similar manufacturing/engineering environment.
- Experience in a process engineering role or plant production/operations environment, including a solid understanding of unit operations and demonstrated troubleshooting skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication, administrative, personal motivation, and personal adaptability skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
BASF recognizes Institutions of Higher Education that are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job ID: EN_US_1703725