Technology Director - Global Process Development
Vertellus is currently seeking a Technology Director-Process Development ideally to be located in Indianapolis, IN. This role will provide broad leadership for process development/improvement of new and existing manufacturing processes to shorten time to market and to ensure that commercialized processes are robust and deliver products that meet/exceed customer requirements. The director will lead a team of global process engineers and manage external process design work with engineering design firms.
- Define the vision and implement the methodology for robust process development company-wide.
- Partner with the operations and R&D discovery team to scale-up new processes and to identify and implement improvements to current process technology.
- Own and direct technical work in Vertellus’ pilot plant operations.
- Integrate knowledge of markets and customer needs into a technology program and assist business directors with establishing risk based priorities based on market and technology probabilities of success.
- Apply innovative strategies for technical work execution leveraging internal resources and those of engineering design firms, consultants, universities, and trade groups.
- Be the stage gate process owner for new chemical processes.
- Collaborate with the global technology community for best practice sharing, resource distribution, and technology pipeline management.
- Aid in development of can-do growth culture driven around delivering results on prioritized programs.
- Manage, mentor and coach research and process engineering professionals.
- B.S in Chemical Engineering required, M.S or PhD preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in technology leadership with extensive knowledge and experience within the chemical industry.
- Subject matter expertise in chemical process modeling.
- Specific experience in product lines related to fine chemicals strongly preferred.
- Proven skills in managing technology professionals.
- Strong communication skills with demonstrated experience communicating across a global environment.
- Aspen+ Process Simulation and Six Sigma Black Belt preferred.
Requisition ID : 1466