Who you are:
We seek an experienced Technology Development Manager II to work all phases – business capture, proposal development, program execution, research lead, project management – of next-generation autonomy R&D efforts. Primary emphasis is on the development of new and existing customer relationships at DARPA, AFRL, and the IC in areas relating to developing and maturing innovative technology to create human-machine teaming with new levels of trusted, effective autonomy and automation. Building on the technologies listed above, you are supported by our team to capture and execute new research that can compose new systems with various levels of autonomy, distributed on various computational nodes, and extend the cognitive and mission capability of the warfighter. You have keen insights and active relationships into the research communities, and you are able to connect new concepts with S&T funding agencies to bring in new research contracts.
Specific Technology Development Manager (TDM) Job Responsibilities include:
- Business Development: The TDM provides leadership oversight and active engagement in the development and pursuit of business opportunities, with primary responsibility for business capture. The TDM maintains awareness of the company’s competitive position and identifies potential new products or business and pursues them with support from company leadership; leads technical proposals, serving as capture manager; plans critical long-range technological requirements to enhance company objectives and independently identifies and solves significant problems associated with the success of current and critical long-range objectives.
- Program Execution: The TDM serves in a leadership role on highly complex research or system engineering efforts, as a principle investigator, program manager, or technical lead. The TDM works across a broad range of disciplines to structure undefined programs, identify key technical issues and define alternative approaches and resolutions; applies and develops advanced technologies, principles, theories, and concepts; maintains liaison with customer or contractor representatives to manage, review, monitor, and evaluate alignment with customer’s objective and contractual requirements; defines program requirements; prepares and delivers presentations; prepares status and progress reports and periodically briefs customer representatives on the program status.
- Project Management: The TDM provides project management, reporting, and documentation for both internal and external stakeholders, and on some projects may serve as the Project Manager. In this capacity the TDM manages project tasks (resource allocation and scheduling) for small-to-medium sized groups of 1-10 people. The TDM also participates in external project interactions with other companies. Project Managers are supported by Finance and Contracts functional groups.
- Business Operations: The TDM works closely with the director in executing the business plan to meet financial goals within the set upon budget and available resources. Tasks include the setting of a healthy backlog to support the staff, identifying the business opportunities, risks and opportunities to meet the financial goals, and prioritizing the marketing opportunities to grow the organization and to ensure continuous alignment of new projects with the key technology areas of the directorate.
- Organizational Representative: The TDM may be called upon to represent the company in high visibility and rapid turnaround activities entailing travel and heavy customer/teammate interaction. Such activities are in quick response to unforeseen circumstances requiring a steep learning curve and tactful engineering professionalism.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree and 15 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education:
- Doctorate degree in an Engineering or Scientific field discipline with 10 years professional experience; Master’s degree with 13 years professional experience; Bachelor’s Degree with 15 years of experience.
- Proved track record across all stages of business development lifecycle, culminating in crafting winning proposals with customers interested in high assurance technologies.
- Highly respected in science and technology (S&T) academic communities, with strong leadership in relevant professional community as demonstrated through publication record, program/review committees, standards participation, invited talks/panels, and/or patents.
- Demonstrated technical leadership with strong written and communication skills; experience in preparing highly technical briefs for DoD and IC customers (e.g., DARPA, IARPA, AFRL) is strongly preferred) – commensurate experience with similar customer base will be considered.
- US Citizenship and must be eligible for a SECRET clearance.
Preferred Skills and Education:
Preferred Education – MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related field.
Top Secret/SCI clearance desirable.
- Job ID:32801BR