Senior Managers are responsible for execution on client engagements and maintaining strong relationships with senior client personnel. They have a solid understanding of their clients’ business and demonstrate technical competence in their product group and industry. They use this competence to ensure quality and satisfaction on engagements. Senior Managers clearly articulate the value drivers of the business, and are responsible for developing opportunities both at existing clients and new clients. They manage job economics and ensure timely completion and billing of projects. Senior Managers are continually developing further contacts within the business community and serve as ambassadors of Protiviti in the market.
General Knowledge & Skills
- Prior project management and supervisory skills ideal.
- Interpersonal skills to interact in team environment and foster client relationships.
- Demonstrated understanding of the importance of business ethics.
- Sound job administration skills.
- Above average written communication skills including documentation of findings and recommendations.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Must be able to handle highly confidential information in a strictly professional manner.
- Must be able to maintain professional demeanor in times of high stress.
Technical Knowledge & Skills
REQUIRED TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Previous functional responsibility for or a role in application implementation, Project Management Lifecycle and/or Systems Development Lifecycle processes
- Knowledge and experience of technology testing strategies, including various stages of functional and technical testing
- Knowledge and experience in technology change management strategies (multiple environments, change advisory boards, prioritization, and business stakeholder involvement)
- Experience providing application support to resolve end-user issues
- Experience working with business stakeholders to translate business issues into technology solutions and vice versa
- Indirect or direct oversight of technical or developer personnel
- Demonstrated knowledge of technology project risks and strategies for managing/mitigating them
PREFERRED TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Working knowledge of various database technologies (Oracle, SQL Server, Access)
- Basic knowledge of one or more development languages and SQL
- Working knowledge of three-tier architecture and its impact on information and security management
- Presentation Layer (Client, web front-end, etc.)
- Application (business logic) Layer
- Data Layer
- Working knowledge of network and infrastructure
- Domain management strategies
- Network segmentation and firewalls
- Middleware tools
EDUCATIONAL & PROFESSIONAL CREDENTIALS
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline (e.g. MIS, CIS) required
- Required minimum GPA 3.0
- 5+ years in a related field required, preferably in professional services and/or industry
- Professional Certification such as ITIL CBCP and / or ERP certification ideal
- “Big 4” experience in a relevant area strongly preferred
ABILITY TO TRAVEL
- The position requires up to 60% out-of-town travel to client locations