What You Can Expect:
The Senior Consultant coaches Interns, Consultants, and facilitates the successful completion of project work plans. Serving as both role model and trainer, the Senior Consultant demonstrates the attributes of excellent client service and assists team members in developing technical and professional competency. The Senior Consultant learns to identify areas of risk and opportunities to improve efficiencies. Relationships with client personnel and professional associates strengthen as the ability to communicate, gain trust and network improves. At the direction of managers, the Senior Consultant may accept responsibility for decision-making, ranging from staffing and preparation of deliverables to application of methodologies.
What Will Help You Be Successful:
- You enjoy identifying areas of business risk, potential technical problems, and opportunities to improve the efficiency and profitability of the client's overall business processes.
- You are passionate about evaluating, synthesizing, organizing and interpreting data and information.
- You create a positive work environment that fosters open communication among all engagement team members.
- You effectively build relationships with your clients and provide them with timely top-quality service.
- You have an inherent interest in project management and team leadership. You seek new ways to create extraordinary development opportunities and ways for your team to make an impact on our clients and communities.
Do Your Talents Include the Following?
- Working knowledge of three-tier architecture and its impact on information and security management
- Presentation Layer (Client, web front-end, etc.)
- Application (business logic) Layer
- Data Layer
- Working knowledge of network and infrastructure
- Experience with of various database technologies (Oracle, SQL Server, Access)
- Basic knowledge of one or more development languages and SQL
- Experience with domain management strategies, network segmentation, firewalls and middleware tools
- Working knowledge of development and operations (including DevOps), process design and tools/software
- Experience with cloud technologies including platforms, infrastructure, software, etc., as a service
- Experience working on enterprise transformation initiatives (i.e. platform modernization and digital)
- Knowledge of technology strategy including strategy development, portfolio review/management, business case development, etc.
- Experience with technology governance, risk, and compliance frameworks and evaluation techniques
- Experience mentoring and advising junior staff
- Previous experience in driving alignment between IT and the business strategy, while considering operational and regulatory drivers in service areas including but not limited to:
- IT Infrastructure Transformation - addressing Technical Debt of aged infrastructure and designing plans to achieve core modernization. Knowledge of leading edge infrastructure technologies such as: SD-WAN, Virtualization, Hyper-convergence, Enterprise Data Storage
- IT Strategic Planning & Implementation - working with client executives to develop 1 - 3 year IT strategic plan that aligns to organizational requirements for both current operations and future growth initiatives.
- Enterprise Architecture - Analyzing, defining and executing enterprise change toward desired business vision and outcomes.
- Previous experience with ServiceNow including:
- ServiceNow specific skills (any of the following): overall platform knowledge, instance configuration/administration, CMDB, service catalog, service portal, workflow, ATF, orchestration, integrations such as SOO, Active Directory, Okta, SCCM, cloud, etc., discovery, service mapping, mobile
- ServiceNow product knowledge or implementation experience (any of the following): ITSM, ITOM, Software Asset Management, SecOps, GRC/IRM, ITBM, CSM and any others
Your Educational and Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline (e.g. MIS, CIS) required
- 3+ years in a related field required; preferably in professional services and/or industry
- Preferred Certifications:
- ITIL Foundations or higher
- ServiceNow Certified Systems Administrator (CSA), Certified Implementation Specialist (CIS), or others
- Certifications including but not limited to disciplines such as architecture (e.g., TOGAF), application life cycle management (e.g., PMP, Agile Scrum/Product Owner, SAFe, DevOps), service management (e.g., ITIL) are strongly preferred
- Technology specific certifications around VMware, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, MCSA/MCSE, Cisco, etc. are a plus