Are You Ready to Live Protiviti?
The Protiviti Career provides opportunity to learn, inspire, and advance within a collaborative and diverse company culture. We hire curious people for whom learning is an everyday activity. We fuel your curiosity with challenging work, talented colleagues, and creative learning resources. At every level, we champion leaders who influence and achieve results. We encourage you to “bring your whole self to work” – all of your motivations, passions, priorities, and commitments – as these things bring us closer to exceptional.
That's Living Protiviti.
We strive to recruit and hire the best talent, and it does not stop there. Once you join us, we promise to help you bring your career to life through exceptional work experiences, a culture passionate about learning and development, and a dedication to what matters to you.
Are you inspired to make a difference?
Then you have come to the right place.
Where We Need You:
Our New York office is seeking a Technology Strategy & Operations Director to join our growing team.
What You Can Expect:
Directors are focused on developing business opportunities in the marketplace and are valuable leaders within our organization and the business community. Directors pride themselves on client satisfaction and as leaders on engagements, ensure that each engagement project is performed to Protiviti’s standards of quality and meet the needs of the client. Directors, partnering with the Managing Directors, ensure that each client project is completed with the client satisfied with our service and the quality of our work. Directors develop lasting relationships within the business community and are respected for their areas of expertise.
What Will Help You Be Successful:
- You are a driver in the engagement of sales opportunities and consistently develop work at existing and prospective clients.
- You collaborate with other leaders to develop client strategies to support current projects and longer-term business strategy.
- You are passionate about continually improving technical and risk management approaches based upon business trends and technical advances.
- You enjoy discovering new opportunities with current and potential clients and through thought leadership, proposal writing, and client interactions.
- You design and develop thought leadership materials to be shared with your colleagues and your network.
- You promote Protiviti’s mission, vision, and values and encourage collaboration across your teams to ensure effective execution.
- You have an inherent interest in project management and team leadership. You seek new ways to create extraordinary development opportunities and ways for your team to make an impact on our clients and communities.
Do Your Talents Include the Following?
- Working knowledge of three-tier architecture and its impact on information and security management
- Presentation Layer (Client, web front-end, etc.)
- Application (business logic) Layer
- Data Layer
- Working knowledge of network and infrastructure
- Experience with of various database technologies (Oracle, SQL Server, Access)
- Basic knowledge of one or more development languages and SQL
- Experience with domain management strategies, network segmentation, firewalls and middleware tools
- Working knowledge of development and operations (including DevOps), process design and tools/software
- Experience with cloud technologies including platforms, infrastructure, software, etc., as a service
- Experience working on enterprise transformation initiatives (i.e. platform modernization and digital)
- Experience with technology strategy including strategy definition and development, portfolio review/management, business case development, etc.
- Experience with technology governance, risk, and compliance frameworks and evaluation techniques
- Ability to work with a diverse portfolio of clients across industries
- Supervisory experience of teams including Consultants, Senior Consultants, Managers, Senior Managers, and Associate Directors
- Advanced project management and status reporting capabilities
- Ability to network and build relationships
- Identify opportunities at the C-level and establish a sales pipeline
- Define needs for thought leadership and guide the development of forward-thinking collateral
- Previous experience in designing and implement effective operating models for governance, risk management, and compliance over technology functions and investments in service areas including but not limited to:
- Tech Risk & Compliance Governance, Strategy, and Design - experience performing various IT risk assessments, experience evaluating and providing recommendations on IT Governance structures, familiarity with industry-standard risk frameworks such as COBIT, familiarity with FFIEC Handbook for FSI focused candidates
- Tech Risk & Compliance Operations Transformation - experience operating Tech Risk & Compliance frameworks.
- End User Applications (Spreadsheet Risk) - strong knowledge of risk and control frameworks, heavy experience developing critical business tools in Excel, Access, RPA, and other non-IT owned tools.
Your Educational and Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline (e.g. MIS, CIS) required
- 15+ years in a related field required; preferably in professional services and/or industry
- Certifications including but not limited to disciplines such as architecture (e.g., TOGAF), application life cycle management (e.g., PMP, Agile Scrum/Product Owner, SAFe, DevOps), service management (e.g., ITIL) are strongly preferred
- Technology specific certifications around VMware, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, MCSA/MCSE, Cisco, etc. are a plus
- Previous experience with FSI Products/Services areas including but not limited to: Commercial Banking, Capital Markets, Bank Cards/Payments, Insurance, Asset Management or Broker-Dealer