What do you get when you bring together the brightest minds and place them into an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards based on impact, not tenure?
You get one of the fastest growing consulting companies in the United States. While we may be a new name in consultancy, we were born from a storied one. Guidehouse was founded in 2018 as an evolution of PwC Public Sector with a mission to help our clients deliver on their mission; providing bold new strategies that catalyze transformative results across all ends of the enterprise. We embrace brilliance. We embrace independence. Join us.
Responsibilities: Guidehouse, LLP helps federal, state, and local governments solve complex business issues, manage risk and add value in financial management, program management, operations improvement, and security and data management. In today's changing environment, the public sector is seeing an increase in physical and cyber threats, financial and performance reporting requirements, diversity in the workforce, and the impact of rapidly changing technologies.
Guidehouse LLP provides management consulting, technology consulting, and risk consulting services to help federal, state, local, and international government agencies anticipate and address these and other complex challenges.
Guidehouse LLP is one of four organizations to receive the 2014 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award. The Baldrige Award is the nation's highest Presidential honor for performance excellence, recognizing U.S. organizations for superior quality and world-class results across six categories defined by Baldrige including Leadership, Strategic Planning, Customer Focus, Measurement, Analysis and Knowledge Management, Workforce Focus, and Operations Focus. For more information on our journey to performance excellence, view our winner profile on the NIST website.
It was announced in February of 2018 that Veritas Capital, a leading private equity investment firm had signed a definitive agreement to acquire its US Public Sector business. Professionals in Guidehouse LLP may be subject to a government security investigation and may need to meet related eligibility requirements for access to classified information. The State and Local Government practice provides individuals the opportunity to serve clients in the areas of: business design, organizational strategy, market analysis, financial modeling, operational analysis, process improvement, change management, compliance monitoring, and program management. The application of this skill set within state and local governments is delivering compelling, high impact solutions to our clients' toughest business and technology problems. The team translates strategy into action.
Minimum Years of Experience: 7
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree
7+ years of experience with Large Scale IT Transformations in Consulting
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success in key facets of state and local government, including:
o Education, Housing, Transportation, Criminal Justice, and/or Administration and functional areas; and,
o Strategic sourcing, shared services, economic development, sustainability, performance management, disaster recovery and/or customer contact centers.
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success in core management consulting skills and the ability to lead clients through solution development including experience in areas such as application development, system implementation, Quality Assurance/Quality Control and Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V);
- Experience managing and delivering large scale custom development or systems integration projects using Agile delivery methodology
- Proficient with Agile Lifecycle Management tools (e.g. Jira, Rally, VersionOne, etc.)
- Demonstrates experiences leading all phases of a business solution delivery life cycle, including planning, analyzing, designing, building, testing, and deploying for large-scale technology transformation involving digital cloud based technologies, technical infrastructure and network access;
- Conducting quality management of transformation projects and service delivery, and replacing disparate integrations;
- Coordinating teams including establishing operating models and implementing methodologies to deliver global complex and high risk multi-year programs;
- Developing and managing master integration management plans, critical dependency milestone trackers, and dashboards, tracking key program status updates and issues/risks, performing action item management for complex programs, including management of interface with infrastructure, communications, cyber, development and finance workstreams, utilizing project management tools;
- Ability to articulate leading business issues and trends, including the associated technology implications within one or more industries;
- Strong program management skills with experience managing and delivering complex and critical programs
- Prior professional services or federal consulting experience
- Agile certification relevant to career path
- ITIL knowledge and experience
- Experience within a scaled agile environment, Test-Driven Development, and DevOps
- Demonstrates extensive-level, abilities success with managing the identification and addressing of client needs in the following areas:
o Demonstrating a blend of technology solution development, functional architecture, and program management skills;
o Conducting baseline assessments, building a future state vision, and developing actionable implementation plans;
o Preparing concise, accurate documents and maintaining project economics while remaining flexible as unanticipated issues arise;
o Managing multiple engagements and client needs;
o Prioritizing tasks in a client-driven environment;
o Providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner;
o Keeping leadership informed of progress and issues, and answering questions and offer direction to staff;
o Creating a positive environment while managing staff workloads;
o Interfacing with organizational managers;
o Exhibiting IT implementation skills, specifically with large-scale technology transformation programs (i.e., strategy through execution);
o Demonstrating IT strategy skills by being able to develop and document business visions, technology strategies, and project roadmaps;
o Demonstrating IT documentation skills in producing technical deliverables through all phases of the SDLC (requirements, business analyses, data-flow diagrams, data models, design);
o Communicating knowledge of the SDLC and product and project life cycles by using business analysis and data architecture; and;
Showing extensive program management, communication and presentation skills including the ability to liaise with technical and business teams and clearly articulate technology concepts to business audiences, in order to drive projects to completion