New YorkTechnologyConsulting Security & Privacy (Security Architecture) Manager
NEW YORK CITY
The Manager is responsible for serving clients and ensuring the successful execution of projects. Managers develop lasting relationships with client personnel and seek to further these relationships through quality product delivery. The manager is responsible for understanding their client’s business and demonstrating technical expertise in their product group and industry. Managers develop contacts within the business community and serve as ambassadors of Protiviti in the market
General Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and foster client relationships.
- Understanding of the importance of business ethics.
- Sound job administration skills.
- Above-average written and verbal communication skills, including documentation of findings and recommendations.
- Analytical skills.
- Ability to handle highly confidential information in a strictly professional manner.
- Ability to maintain professional demeanor in times of high stress.
- Develop and apply proficiency with Protiviti policies and methodologies.
- Apply understanding of business processes and technical skills to successful completion of projects.
- Develop understanding of project requirements and client’s business.
Technical Knowledge & Skills
- Able to plan delivery of solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members
- Capable of determining security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues; preparing cost estimates
- Able to plansecurity systems by evaluating network and security technologies; developing requirements for local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), routers, firewalls, and related security and network devices; designs public key infrastructures (PKIs), including use of certification authorities (CAs) and digital signatures as well as hardware and software; adhering to industry standards
- Able to implement security systems by specifying intrusion detection methodologies and equipment; directing equipment and software installation and calibration; preparing preventive and reactive measures; creating, transmitting, and maintaining keys; providing technical support; completing documentation
- Ability to verify security systems by developing and implementing test scripts
- Ability to upgrade security systems by monitoring security environment; identifying security gaps; evaluating and implementing enhancements
- Continue to update job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging security practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
Education & Professional Credentials
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (Computer Information Systems, Information System Technologies, Management Information Systems).
- Minimum GPA 3.0.
- 5+ years in a related field, preferably in professional services and/or industry.
- Professional Certification such as CISSP, CISM, GSEC, GIAC, CEH, CPT are strongly preferred.
Ability to Travel
- The position requires up to 60% out-of-town travel to client locations