Technology Consulting Security & Privacy Manager
Seattle Technology Consulting Security & Privacy Manager
The Manager is responsible for serving clients and ensuring the successful execution of projects. Managers develop lasting relationships with client personnel and seek to further these relationships through quality product delivery. The manager is responsible for understanding their client’s business and demonstrating technical expertise in their product group and industry. Managers develop contacts within the business community and serve as ambassadors of Protiviti in the market
- Performing internal penetration testing and vulnerability assessments at client sites
- Assisting with Internal Audit projects evaluating IT security control effectiveness
- Assisting with PCI Gap Analysis, Remediation Projects, and Assessments
- Assisting with HIPAA/HITRUST-related projects
- Assisting with IT Security Process Improvement projects (such as redesigning their vulnerability management or incidence response)
General Knowledge & Skills
- Prior project management and supervisory skills ideal.
- Ability to work in a team environment and foster client relationships.
- Understanding of the importance of business ethics.
- Sound job administration skills.
- Above-average written and verbal communication skills, including documentation of findings and recommendations.
- Analytical skills.
- Ability to handle highly confidential information in a strictly professional manner.
- Ability to maintain professional demeanor in times of high stress.
- Develop and apply proficiency with Protiviti policies and methodologies.
- Apply understanding of business processes and technical skills to successful completion of projects.
- Develop understanding of project requirements and client’s business.
Technical Knowledge & Skills
- 5+ years hands on experience with security or administration of either systems (Windows/Linux) or network devices (routers/firewalls/switches). As a substitute, less experience in those areas but experience in database administration or software development is acceptable.
- Intermediate knowledge of common IT topics such as networking and configuring Windows and/or Linux systems.
- 5+ years hands on experience in one or more of the following Operating Systems: Windows Server 2012/200x, Linux and UNIX.
- Hands on experience with securing systems, networks, and/or applications.
- Knowledge of present-day security topics and concerns.
- Participation in information security conferences.
- Knowledge of information system architecture and security controls (i.e. firewall and border router configurations, operating systems configurations, wireless architectures, databases, specialized appliances and information security policies and procedures).
Education & Professional Credentials
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (Computer Information Systems, Information System Technologies, Management Information Systems).
- Minimum GPA 3.0.
- 5+ years in a related field, preferably in professional services and/or industry.
- Professional Certification such as CISSP, CISM, GSEC, GIAC, CEH, CPT are strongly preferred.
Ability to Travel
- Travel throughout the month frequently required based on client requests/commitments.