Technology Consulting Security and Privacy (Cloud Architecture) Senior Manager
New YorkTechnologyConsulting Security and Privacy (Cloud Architecture) Senior Manager
NEW YORK CITY
Senior Managers are responsible for execution on client engagements and maintaining strong relationships with senior client personnel. They have a solid understanding of their clients’ business and demonstrate technical competence in their product group and industry. They use this competence to ensure quality and satisfaction on engagements. Senior Managers clearly articulate the value drivers of the business, and are responsible for developing opportunities both at existing clients and new clients. They manage job economics and ensure timely completion and billing of projects. Senior Managers are continually developing further contacts within the business community and serve as ambassadors of Protiviti in the market.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Strong understanding of leading technology components and best practices including Cloud (IaaS, PaaS, Public, Private, and Hybrid), Virtualization (VMware, AWS, Azure, and GCP), Network, Server, Storage, Database, and Datacenter Design
- Strong knowledge on relevant data security technologies – data dispersion in cloud storage, data loss prevention, encryption, masking, obfuscation, anonymization and tokenization
- Understanding of IAM and Access Control concepts such as provisioning and deprovisioning, centralized directory services and privileged access management in the context of cloud infrastructures.
- Strong understanding of BCDR as it relates to cloud environments and how to architect platforms with adequate resiliency features
- Ability to apply STRIDE threat model to classify known threats according to the kinds of exploits that are used by attackers in cloud scenarios
- Experience in large scale engagements leading the functional and technical design, installation, and configuration functions for the full stack of infrastructure elements
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to translate business requirements into technology solutions
- Demonstrated knowledge of technology project risks and strategies for managing/mitigating them
- Demonstrated strong written, oral and presentation skills with the ability to discuss highly technical concepts to all audiences, ranging from non-technical people to executive level technical decision-makers.
- Experience in securing AWS, Azure and Google Cloud platforms.
- A minimum of 7 years in a client-facing role
PREFERRED TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Application architecture including layout of application’s deployment and design
- Automation and orchestration including streamlining single tasks through a repeatable and uninterrupted process and automating the execution of complex processes with a variety of variables
- Capable of developing processes and architecture for integrating disparate services
- Skilled in ITSM/ITOM to promote processes needed to manage the provisioning, capacity, performance and availability of the operational and service environments
- Proficiency working with Active Directory and related directory services
- Proficiency working with Windows and Unix file systems
- Familiarity with ITIL and service management best practices and leading platforms (such as ServiceNow)
- Exposure to networking hardware and software (Cisco, Meraki, etc.)
- Exposure to Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, and Skype (in a systems design or administration role)
- Exposure to Orchestration, Automation, and Management tools (Landesk, SCCM, SCOM, Puppet, etc.)
EDUCATIONAL & PROFESSIONAL CREDENTIALS
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline (e.g. MIS, CIS) required
- 7+ years in a related field required, in a customer-facing role preferably
- Recommended vendor specific certifications: VMware, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, MCSA/MCSE, Cisco, etc.
- Prior experience working in an integration/implementation role in managed technology services or professional services preferred
ABILITY TO TRAVEL
- The position requires up to 60% out-of-town travel to client locations