The Senior Consultant coaches Interns, Consultants, and facilitates the successful completion of project work plans. Serving as both role model and trainer, the Senior Consultant demonstrates the attributes of excellent client service and assists team members in developing technical and professional competency. The Senior Consultant learns to identify areas of risk and opportunities to improve efficiencies. Relationships with client personnel and professional associates strengthen as the ability to communicate, gain trust and network improves. At the direction of managers, the Senior Consultant may accept responsibility for decision-making, ranging from staffing and preparation of deliverables to application of methodologies.
What Will Help You Be Successful:
- You enjoy identifying areas of business risk, potential technical problems, and opportunities to improve the efficiency and profitability of the client’s overall business processes.
- You are passionate about evaluating, synthesizing, organizing and interpreting data and information.
- You create a positive work environment that fosters open communication among all engagement team members.
- You effectively build relationships with your clients and provide them with timely top-quality service.
- You have an inherent interest in project management and team leadership. You seek new ways to create extraordinary development opportunities and ways for your team to make an impact on our clients and communities.
Do Your Talents Include the Following?
- Experience with strategic IAM and/or PAM Program advisory support, including assessment, strategy, and roadmap development
- Experience with Identity Governance and Administration, including user access lifecycle management
- Design and/or implementation of IGA technology (e.g. SailPoint, Omada, Saviynt, Microsoft Identity Manager, CA IDM, Oracle IM, etc.)
- Proficiency with role-based access control, including role mining and design
- Working knowledge of Privileged Access Management, including process design, PAM strategy, roadmap, and technology implementation (e.g. CyberArk, Lieberman, Thycotic, BeyondTrust, etc.)
- Knowledge of directory technologies including AD, LDAP, or virtual directories
- Knowledge of Identity Federation, including implementation experience with Okta, Ping, or other similar solutions
- Understanding of software development lifecycle, change management, and release management practices
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional/matrixed organization
- An overall passion for all things IAM
- Experience mentoring and advising junior staff
Your Educational and Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline (e.g. MIS, CIS) required
- 3+ years in a related field, preferably in professional services and/or industry
- Certifications and/or training in leading IAM solutions such as SailPoint, Saviynt or CyberArk are strongly preferred
- Certification such as CISSP, CompTIA Security+, CISM or Project Management (e.g. PMP) are a plus