SMBC Capital Markets is a derivatives trading company since 1988 based in New York City, with offices in London and Hong Kong. SMBC CM is an established derivatives dealer with a broad product portfolio, with specific emphasis on interest rates and foreign exchange. The Front Office Technology group is actively looking for a senior technology consultant who mus have have extensive experience in front office systems in the sell-side market-making space, and serve as technology lead in previous roles.
We are seeking a independent senior consultant with graduate degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering with solid quantitative knowledge of spectrum financial products.
- Design and develop a suite of next-generation systems using a vendor provided solution, which are to become the backbone of our front office environment.
- Architect a brand new trading tool which involves real-time trade modeling and portfolio analytics.
- Optimize and extend our algorithm/electronic trading capabilities by integrating analytics seamlessly with E-trading platforms.
- Serve as a technology expert in the collaboration efforts with other divisions of SMBC group.
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant industry experience in other major wall street firms is required.
- Demonstrated strong interest in trading system architectures.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to explain technical matters to non-technical peers.
- Ablility to constuct project productively and independently.
- Network programming experience involving real-time data is a plus.
Apply for this job onlineRefer this job to a friend
Share on your newsfeed
SMBC is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability