The Consultant role requires 5-10 years of technology consulting and engineering experience with progressively increasing levels of responsibility in an AEC environment with at least 3 years of hands on, direct client facing experience. The primary job responsibility objective is to assist project managers and principals with the consulting, design and construction management of data/voice/video cabling systems and infrastructures, networks, wireless systems, voice communications, nurse call, overhead paging, security access control, video surveillance, audio-visual, and other specialty systems. This includes designing technology systems, writing specifications, and developing budgets for individual projects. In addition, the role requires creation of project design solutions and documentation using Revit and AutoCAD.
This position may be based in our Atlanta, Denver, or New York office and will require some out of town travel. This includes both project related travel and other travel such as industry conferences. This travel is typically during the week and 1-3 days in duration. Expect 1 trip per month on average. Travel is normally domestic however occasional international travel may be required.
Customer Relationship Management:
- Initiate relationships with clients and serve as one of the clients point of contact
- Define channels of communication and provide frequent updates; keep customer and other project stakeholders apprised of progress and any necessary modifications or delays
- Approach client with a consultative frame of mind, listen and provide valuable information
- Co-Lead project meetings with other EDI Sr. Consultants or Project Managers
- Routinely seek customer feedback, respond to and resolve issues as they arise
- Support the Sr. Consultant as they lead the customer through the programming/visioning phase
- Support programmatic reports, sketches and budgets to communicate recommendations to clients in a manufacturer-neutral, iterative fashion
- Support project budget; track and manage the project budget for duration of project
- Co-lead project meetings; establish meeting agendas; document meeting minutes
- Maintain action item and issues log
- Support overall project schedule
- Support the Sr. Consultant during the user meetings to develop requirements by system, department, room, etc.
- Effectively document the customer requirements
- Communicate the requirements to the internal design team
- Coordinate with the external design team (architect, civil, MEP engineers, etc.)
- Support the development of the detailed design documents including drawings and specifications for systems and supporting infrastructure
- Review construction documents for quality and coordination
- Support the Sr. Consultant to develop any necessary RFP's for equipment or services
- Answer bid period questions
- Issue clarifying addenda
- Review proposals and tabulate in an easy to understand format to assist the customer in selection
- Oversee construction phases and conduct periodic site visits to ensure contractors adhere to design intent, specifications, quality and objectives
- Answer RFI's and resolve coordination and construction issues
- Develop and manage punch lists for each system
- Support the development of transition and move plans
- Support final commissioning of systems and end-user training
- Track and manage close out activities and documentation
- Attend professional developmental seminars and conferences to stay abreast of industry changes and advances
- Provide entry-level education and guidance for other EDI staff in support of EDI's mission
- Participate and contribute to EDI in meeting company goals
- Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year, accredited university in engineering, computer science, or other technical area is required. Master's Degree in either business or technical area considered a plus
- EIT Registration or scheduled to take FE exam at first available date with a commitment to obtain a PE registration as soon as possible is strongly preferred for this position
- Commitment to obtain a BICSI RCDD or other industry certifications that are relevant (such as CCNP, CCIE, CPP, CTS-D, CISSP, CWNA, PSP, etc.) is strongly preferred for this position
- You must believe in the use of technology tools to increase productivity, improve collaboration and deliver superior customer value
In addition to strong personal computer skills including proficiency in MS Windows 10 or higher operating environment, a high level of proficiency and expertise in the following productivity tools is required and expected:
- MS Office Suite including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Skype for Business, OneNote, et.
- Box.com including Box Edit, Box Sync, etc.
- Deltek Vision software would also be extremely valuable