- Define and implement a standardized CI/CD deployment process that delivers patches, minor enhancements and major releases utilizing Agile methods
- Install, configure, administer, and support tools related to management of source code, configurations, builds, automated tests, deployments, and releases
- Onboard and support developers, testers, and business analysts to enable them to utilize DevOps tools and processes
- Facilitate release activities for the Salesforce projects
- Working with the Release Manager, manage the deployment schedules for major, minor, break-fix, Salesforce, and AppExchange vendor releases
- Deliver to consistent deployment schedules, accounting for any dependencies and risks along the way; identify issues and perform root-cause analysis to ensure they are not repeated
- Define and manage change control process for development, where quality is ensured in a fast-paced, iterative environment
- Work with developers to properly resolve merge conflicts, deployment errors, and meet code coverage criteria
- Git branch management
- Ensure automation tests and associated tools are run properly as part of CI process
- Owns Environment Management, coordinates scratch org, sandbox strategy / refresh and oversees deployment for all environments
- Set up, monitor and maintain all Salesforce sandboxes and scratch orgs, including creating and synchronizing metadata, code and data sets
- Track release metrics to drive improvement and report successes/failures to stakeholders
- Provide oversight for deployment of releases into production environments through ensuring release readiness and adequate deployment runlist handoff
- Communicate plans and status, and escalate issues as required
- Management reports on release progress and SLA's
- Automate whenever possible, optimizing efficiency and quality of delivery
- Ensures all data migration into dev and test environments has been completed successfully
- 5 Years experience as SFDC Admin
- 3+ years experience as SFDC Developer
- Hands on experience with AutoRabit
- Hands on experience with GitHub
Maintain the broadest range and depth of knowledge in their respective area of expertise within the IT organization. Stay abreast of emerging technologies and influence strategic decisions regarding technical direction of the business. Consult on multiple projects/programs as a subject matter expert of existing technology; on and helps drive new technology direction; on cross-divisional technology solutions; and on highly complex tasks, projects/programs or support issues that involve a high degree of riskor impact to business unit performance and has a high level of knowledge within one or more areas of specialty.
- Interface with users and IT teams to evaluate possible implementation of new or enhanced technology in the organization, consistent with the goal of improving existing systems and technologies and in meeting the needs of the business. Provide technical expertise across business and IT functions.
- Partner with leadership to define and communicate long-term technology strategy and planning for a specific area. Participate with business relationship managers and business leads to understand business requirements and help them understand how technology tradeoffs influence strategy. Drive technology improvements.
- Make recommendations and influence long-term technology decisions and planning for multiple business units. Assist in the definition of the architecture and technology needs of the organization based on new and emerging technologies, and establish priorities and strategies consistent with business goals and economic viability. Consult in the development and analysis of source selection strategies. Recommend and incorporate technology with long-term business plans.
- Consult in the development of responses to customer requests and proposals as needed. Consult on the technical aspects of strategic projects/programs. Provide technical guidance to customers and internal IT staff in the design and development of fully integrated technology solutions. Influence the design of innovative solutions using new technologies. Review proposed designs at key milestones and makes recommendations as needed. Ensure the conceptual completeness of the technical solution. Create prototypes, lead initial development and testing as needed.
- Consult on the resolution of high severity issues or issues escalated by senior leadership. Collaborate with internal or external parties during the problem resolution process as needed. Provide technical leads, delivery leads, and IT Leadership with technical consultation and advice. Keep IT's technology and application owners aware of key issues. Identify and resolve potential problems and conflicts in technology. Advise on options, risks, costs versus benefits, system impacts, and technology priorities. Transfer knowledge of key learning throughout the enterprise, and communicates strategic and technological plans. Interface/communicate with the Architecture group. Partner with and acts as an advocate for Architecture. Present technical plans in common terms to ensure understanding from all audiences.
- Lead the collaboration of research and evaluation of emerging technology, industry and market trends, as needed. Assist in project development and/or operational support activities as needed. Research, collect, and disseminate information on emerging technologies and key learning throughout the enterprise. Research and recommend changes to enterprise architecture.
- Support and may drive research analysis and A&P projects to identify and evaluate emerging technologies. Research and evaluate emerging technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development. Provide recommendations based on business relevance, appropriate timing and deployment. Analyze and research process of deployment and assists in this process. Assist in cost-benefit and risk analysis and present options to leadership teams. Oversee cost-benefit and risk analysis and presents options to leadership teams as needed. Represent the organization in relevant industry forums.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and technology guidance across the organization(s).
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, computer engineering, systems analysis or a related discipline required. Master's degree preferred.
- Seven (7) years of experience in multiple technology areas required.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge in one or more major technology areas knowledge of BCBSM business required.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Decision making and strategic and critical thinking skills.
- Must influence people over whom they have no direct control, as they help define strategic technical and business plans.
- Ability to utilize assigned resources and leverage back-channel resources (individuals or teams) to achieve or exceed planned outcomes.
- Other related skills and/or abilities may be required to perform this job.