Job ID 2017-1088
Leverage Your Technology Expertise to Impact Companies and Drive Success! Join a Top 10 Fastest Growing Firm in a High Visibility, High Impact Position
Are you looking to make a difference? Would you like more opportunities to work directly with executives on identifying and implementing technology opportunities? Would you like to be part of growing a specialized practice area within a larger established firm? Would you like to see what it’s like to be an ‘Intrapreneur’ by building a new business within an existing business? Would you like to spend your time delivering value to your clients instead of traveling and sitting in airports?
UHY's suite of services includes a broad range of engagements including technology consulting (e.g., IT strategic planning, Virtual CIO services, software selection, pre- and post-implementation reviews, and business process transformation and optimization) and technology assurance (e.g., IT audit, cybersecurity, PCI, SOC 1 and SOC 2). Our clients range from large public companies to smaller dynamic middle-market companies.
This position will allow you to experience:
- Broad range of technology-related projects including consulting, implementation, controls and cybersecurity.
- Exposure to a broad range of industries and disciplines incorporating financial, operational, and compliance.
- Work with companies ranging from dynamic middle market, private companies to large public companies.
- Interact with senior client executives (both technical and non-technical) and client employees in the IT, accounting and auditing functions.
- Analyze technical issues and partner with teams to deliver meaningful observations and recommendations to clients. Participate in rapidly assessing the current state of client IT environments.
- Develop recommendations on technology strategies, opportunities and risks to senior client executives (both technical and non-technical). Contribute to presentations to executives regarding observations and recommended next steps to improve operations, increase productivity, improve controls, reduce risk and reduce costs.
- Assist with developing cost and level of effort estimates. Identify opportunities for utilizing emerging technologies (e.g., cloud, mobile, social, analytics) to improve business results and minimize risk.
- Identify and document business requirements as well as identify 3rd party partners to assist clients with meeting technology needs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Collaborate with client and team members to effectively achieve common objectives.
- Identify and define project scope and objectives, execute steps, provide observations and recommendations, and developing reports.
- Ability to multitask and work independently across multiple companies and engagements.
- Ability to keep abreast of latest IT disciplines and industry trends.
Experience and Education
1. Minimum of three (3) years of related IT, consulting, business analyst, internal audit or IT auditexperience
2. CPA, CISSP, CISA, CISM and other control designations a plus
3. A bachelor's degree in business, technology, MIS, accounting or related field (advanced degree is preferred)
4. Strong verbal communication skills and strong writing skills; detail oriented and articulate
6. A willingness to travel, if necessary
7. The ideal candidate will have a genuine passion for their profession, a strong desire to join a growing team and contribute to that growth