The Architect works with organizations responsible for defining and operating business processes and computing systems architects to produce application software design models that enable application development. He or she communicates with process owners, Computing Systems Architects,Systems Analysts and Programmers, and System and Database Administrators, and develops and applies systems and software engineering concepts and techniques to develop architectural deliverables for individual applications.
The Architect proposes, plans, coordinates and provides technical leadership on architecture activities for major applications and solves complex architecture problems using creativity, in-depth technical and theoretical knowledge, and domain expertise and experience. It is the responsibility of the Architect to communicate results to technical and nontechnical audiences.
The Architect serves as the primary technical liaison with customers. He or she consults with customers to share technology-related knowledge, business process enhancements and best practices. The Architect is client-focused and constantly monitors the client pulse in an effort to ensure project focus is 100 percent accurate given the current business needs.
- Leads team of developers following practice guidelines to build software solutions
- Mentors team members following Manager Tools practices
- Promote a sustainable technology framework and coordinate related teams, and partner with Technology personnel in developing creative marketing technology solutions
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of short- and long-term technology plans and related policies and procedures
- Anticipate significant system and industry changes, presenting information and analysis to facilitate a proactive approach to problems and opportunities
- Serve as primary technical liaison with customers and consults with customers to share technology-related knowledge, business process enhancements and best practices *Participate with senior management in planning the short- and long-range technology strategies for the company and provides high-level analytical support and advice on technology-related matters
- Take a lead role in establishing and implementing standards that will facilitate a quality IT infrastructure
- Provide technical review to help ensure projects meet cost, benefit, timeliness and integration goals
- Superior analytical, problem-solving, project management and leadership abilities
- Applies SDLC principles in daily tasks
- Source Control (Git, GitFlow)
- Server-side programming abilities required using one or more of the following (.NET Framework, C#, Java, PHP, NodeJS)
- Understands cloud architecture (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud)
- Practices Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery in all stages of development
- Designs and develops API using RESTful and API Forward practices
- Understands and applies effective use of Enterprise Service Bus technologies
- Designs and devlops performant applications, follows RAIL and PRPL pattern
- Effectively applies and articulates Design Patterns in solutions
- Ability to identify the practical implications of new technologies and to relate system capabilities to business goals
- Strong process and project technical system management skills
- Superior organizational, interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Ability to anticipate and independently provide solutions for complex problems and issues, recommending upgrades, enhancements, priorities and strategic technology directions based on independent research, consultation and analysis
- Ability to rapidly absorb complex technical and conceptual information, identify key issues and details, and present understandable alternatives to both technical and nontechnical individuals at all levels of the organization
- Skill and experience in planning, developing, managing and executing short- and long-range technology plans and transitioning and transforming the delivery of information-based services through the use of innovative strategies
- Skill in implementing application systems and effective, user-centered interfaces
- Demonstrated ability to solicit constructive input from and build consensus among groups and constituencies with differing priorities and perspectives
- Ability to develop policy decisions and changes as needed, exercise independent judgment in problem solving, remain objective and represent differing points of view
- Ability to work on multiple complex tasks against deadlines and shifting priorities and to comfortably deal with uncertainty, ambiguity and change
- Technical experience in physical and logical networking; user, desktop and server support; database specifying, development and deployment; and web development and support
- Experience with network solutions and connectivity management
- The Architect manages workload, deliverables, schedules, etc., at both an individual and team level and can get the right tasks in the right hands and see the project through to completion.
- The Architect tasks, engagement and business decisions, and can identify and gather the appropriate information to make these decisions. He or she can effectively communicate the decision and support for the decision to the appropriate audience. He or she can make these decisions instantaneously when required to provide direction for a task or engagement.
Years of Experience
10 years of relevant experience in software engineering.