The Oracle Enterprise Architect will play a critical role in defining our Oracle strategy as part of our IT Transformation initiative, making sure our enterprise Oracle systems and programs are envisioned and designed across the enterprise to meet business needs in support of our strategic roadmap.
This person will also be responsible for defining the technology and operations support strategy for the Oracle platforms, including cloud migration.
In addition, they will advise and validate solution architecture designs in support of business and technology initiatives to ensure that the solution is well engineered, operable, maintainable, aligns to enterprise vision and provides the anticipated business value.
This role will work as part of 7-Eleven’s Oracle team, reporting to the Sr. Director for HR & Accounting Solutions.
This role will also involve working with Technical and Business Leadership across the lines of business, and other architects to ensure our systems are in alignment with 7-Eleven’s vision, technology, roadmaps and standards.
This person is expected to understand business and technology strategies and have an in depth understanding of current and future Oracle technologies and retail business processes in order to architect optimal forward-looking solutions that support those strategies.
The Oracle EA’s responsibilities will include the following tasks:
Develops a long-term strategic utilization plan for the company's IT systems and helps “as is” architectures become “to be” architectures through phasing and cost benefit analysis.
Ensures alignment of cross program IT strategy and planning with company's business goals.
Optimizes information management approaches through an understanding of evolving business needs and technology capabilities.
Collaborate with other architects and provide a consensus-based enterprise solution that is scalable, adaptable and synchronized with the ever changing business needs.
Manages risks associated with information and IT assets through the development, use and promotion of the appropriate standards and security policies.
- Involved in direct, or indirect, manner with the development of policies, standards and guidelines that direct the selection, development, implementation and use of information technologies within the enterprise.
- Work to settle architecture differences or conflicts existing across the various architecture layers in the enterprise.
- Work with various business and IT stakeholders to demonstrate and show business value of enterprise wide, shared infrastructure or to show value of any new strategic platforms being considered.
- Evangelize and explain SOA, integration and otherarchitecture principles, benefits and technical solutions to business and technical audiences.
- Supports Oracle projects by providing architectural guidance for solution design.
- Build relationships and trust with key stakeholders to support adoption and implementation of enterprise architecture and strategy
- Work supportively and collaboratively with other teams
- Matrixed reporting up to Sr. Director – Enterprise Architecture
- No direct line management responsibilities are planned for this role
Essential Skills and Experience
- Proven, seasoned experience in IT Transformation and leveraging enterprise architecture design concepts to develop strategic plans for Oracle platforms
- Experience in architecting data management solutions
- Experience with Oracle data management and databasetechnology suites, including Exadata and cloud
- Proven history of being able to communicate vision and persuade adoption
- Knowledge and experience with data definition, movement and storage technologies
- Proven experience developing successful API, SOA and integration solutions in an enterprise environment on one or more industry standard integration suites on multiple projects
- Ability to document complex architectural concepts and solutions in both business and technical terms
- Proven capability to understand and meet requirements from both internal and external customers
- Proven experience with various architecture disciplines such as security, network, operations, and data architecture
- Successful design and implementation in a significant transformational project or very large product delivery program
- Must be able to understand the overall business strategy to ensure components of the architectural vision align with those of management and other stakeholders
- Must be able to map business opportunity to appropriate architecture patterns and evolve architecture as business strategies and technologies mature
- Must have experience developing incremental architecture strategies that facilitate migration toward a future state architecture blueprint.
- Technologies: Oracle E-Business suite- Finance, Supply Chain and Procurement, HR, HCM, SOA, Oracle Retail, ODI, Business Intelligence and Integration solutions, Exadata, Exalogic