This role provides ongoing responsibility for gathering, assessing, analyzing, storing, and presenting metrics for the Information Security and Technology Risk (ISTR) Metrics program. Producing Information Risk metrics reporting on a monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc basis for management review and understanding. Also, responsible for defining, developing and recommending new metrics.
- Gather all required metrics from metrics owners according to defined SLAs.
- Review and analyze the integrity of the data received from the metric owners. Engage the metric owner if an issue is identified during the assessment of the data
- Work with metrics owners to produce accurate and understandable comments and metrics
- Maintain the metrics repository that enables appropriate access, consistent processing, and accurate reporting.
- Prepare information security and technology risk metric reporting for a variety of targeted audiences, including executive leadership, and business partners within defined SLA's
- Incorporate new metrics into metrics reporting
- Utilize in-depth knowledge to guide the development of security and risk metric visualization and scorecards. Providing initial charts and supporting communications to provide understandable metrics to a variety of audiences
- Refine and document metric processes including those applicable to data gathering, storing, and presenting metrics
- Research, analyze and understand key risk metrics and trends (both Comerica internal and Financial Services industry). Gather and correlate key metrics indicators/information from various sources and present results to management.
- Provide project direction and technical requirements in the build out of the metrics repository.
- Develop appropriate communication and documentation for the Technology and Information Risk metrics reporting program in support of tactical decisions, security investments and strategic direction.
- Participate in meetings with senior management including the Corporate Information Security Officer regarding the status of ISTR metrics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to organize and express metrics and data concepts in concise, understandable business terms using a variety of mediums.
- Provide recommendations for ongoing refinement on existing metrics to further assist management in understanding Comerica's risk environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI and Tableau is desired
Relocation assistance is not provided for this position
Travel is not required of this position.
- Bachelor's Degree and 5 years of work experience or High School Diploma or GED and 9 years of work experience
- 5 years of data analysis and research skills
- 5 years of assessing problems and providing written responses
- 5 years of developing presentations (business and technical)
- 5 years of experience with MS Office Suite (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Share Point)
- Advanced Excel skills
- 3 years of experience with Data Manipulation
- 3 years of experience with Metric visualization
8am to 5pm