As a Tech & Digital Manager Consultant at RSM, you will work with businesses in diverse industries while working on numerous projects per year, you will work on several pieces of any particular assignment -- not just one small part - and you will feel a great sense of accomplishment when you are done. Working in a mutually respectful team environment helps our consultants perform at their best and advance their career and professional capabilities.
RSM's Tech & Digital Consulting Group provides strategy and advisory assistance to improve the overall effectiveness of the Tech & Digital function.
- Provide analysis, development and documentation of improvement opportunities
- Facilitate user workshops to gather and document business needs, requirements, weaknesses and challenges
- Continual learning to better understand RSM's array of services, with the intent to enhance value to the client through integration of services
- Aspire to career growth by assuming more active roles in technology assessments over time, as knowledge and experience progress
- Staying up-to-date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems and regulations
- Effectively documenting and communicating your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management
- Serving as a liaison between stakeholders and users
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions
- Prioritizing initiatives based on business needs and requirements
- Provides thought leadership through presentations or writing such as blogs or other RSM content
- Updating, implementing and maintaining procedure
- Working closely with clients, technicians, and managerial staff
- Providing leadership, training, coaching, and guidance to junior staff
- Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports
- Network internally and externally to develop sales opportunities
- Lead all client delivery activities and discovery session that include requirements gathering and desired workflows with clients to understand and document their business needs (i.e. budget forecasting, financial reporting, and consolidation)
- Establish yourself as a trusted advisor to clients, while managing their expectations
- Manage multiple projects and project teams to deliver exceptional client experience
- Define business requirements for a number of different types of technology engagements
- Interact and communicate effectively with Managers and middle management executives
- Assisting the project teams through agreed upon phases on a variety of projects which could include: best practices, process re-engineering, finance strategy and organizational development, business integration planning and execution, performance management software selection, design and implementation, ERP software selection, implementation, and optimization or operational and IT strategy assessments and due diligence
- Demonstrate quality project execution and delivery by successfully working with manager in monitoring project/program team economics, performance against the job arrangement and budget, and proactively
- Familiar with methodologies, tools, approaches, points of view, thought leadership to support the practice
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related field and/or a technology focused MBA.
- Minimum 7-10 years of relevant work experience in accounting, operations and/or performance improvement consulting
- A minimum of 6-8 years of previous experience delivering Information Technology Integration, Outsourcing, and/or Management Consulting Services
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a large organization, professional services firm or CPA firm
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including high-impact client-facing communications
- Eligibility to work within the U.S.
- Ability to work successfully in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Highly self-motivated and directed character with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to apply theoretical concepts and best practices to solve business problems
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- 2 full cycle ERP implementations from selection to implementation
- Basic understanding of IT application lifecycle, IT general controls and methods
- Ability to travel up to 50% locally and nationally. Must have access to and ability to arrange for use of reliable modes of transportation to those locations
- Core competencies include business requirements definition, project management, business process re-engineering, business intelligence software design and implementation, ERP implementation, or merger/integrations
- A proven track record of successful project delivery within F5000 companies or a similar resume in the SMB space working with CXO/Owner
- Must have experience delivering IT consulting services/solutions many of which encompass strategy, people, and process, technology and infrastructure components
- Experience with any or all of the following highly desirable: ERP, CRM, financial reporting, portal, accounting systems
- Experience building/maintaining client relationships and sales
- Basic understanding of Data Privacy regulations
- Strong data manipulation skills utilizing Excel, including database knowledge (Microsoft SQL, and / or Access knowledge is plus)
- Strong computer skills, experience with various software solutions e.g. Microsoft Project, Visio, PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to anticipate and address client concerns and issues
- Ability to break complex issues into project steps and problem solve
- Demonstrated work ethic and ability to work effectively with people at all levels
- Previous experience with operational process reviews and basic internal control requirements
- Consulting or Professional Services firm experience with previous pre-sales/sales experience
- Strong data assimilation and organization skills
- Understanding and demonstrated experience working with multiple clients
- Ability to analyze details and summarize significant amounts of data
- Additional major or minor in Accounting is a plus
- Driven to exceed client expectations
- Natural aptitude for solving problems
- Strong technical and data analytical skills
- IT Organizational design and understanding key roles in an IT Org.
- IT Services Management
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.