Karma Automotive creates expressive and beautiful luxury cars that are environmentally conscious. We deliver them with personal attention to customers in the global marketplace. Our customers expect high levels of personalization and customization and we intend to deliver on that promise.
Reporting to the Director, Technology Assessment in the Business Development department, the Technology and Business Development Analyst is responsible for identifying and analyzing the external automotive technologies that the company may need for future development and integration with the vehicle that the company is focusing on Luxury, High Technology, customization and Customer Treatment.
The Technology and Business Development Analyst will perform the initial assessments on the opportunities of internal technologies that could be packaged and converted into business opportunities, also, to support and ensure the business development team tounderstand the benefits and the impact of the new technologies to the revenue creation activities. The Analyst is also to make sure that the technology and the business case are aligned, and also participate in the assessment and due diligence activities over the targeted new technology that Karma and/or Wan Xiang may be interested in.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Track external technologies that the company may use or develop; Understand the key aspects of each technology, such as usage, cost, weight, readiness, reliability, compatibility, supplier chain …
- Follow the developments of the megatrend technologies, such as power train Electrification, ADAS and Autonomous Driving, AI, Telematics, Mobility, Infotainment system, Virtual Personal Assistance, and the new technologies supporting the direction of the lifestyle;
- Create and maintain the roadmaps to adopt the selected new technologies and convert the technologies into businesses;
- Select and recommend proper partners to the engineering team; Work closely with engineering team and the technology suppliers to acquire and implement the technology to our products, and eventually make profit from the technologies;
- Understand the internal technologies the company has developed, or is developing, in term of readiness, competitiveness, limitations, market value, potential usages, etc.;
- For marketable internal technologies, assist in profit center development, including business case, marketing and sales, customer identification, customer requirements, etc.;
- Assist in other Business Development and Strategy (BDS) activities as needed.
- Minimum B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering discipline; M.S. or MBA preferred;
- Minimum 5 years' experience out of education;
- Demonstrated background in at least one of the technologies: Power train Electrification, ADAS and Autonomous Driving, AI, Telematics, Mobility, Infotainment system, Virtual Personal Assistance, or the new technologies supporting the direction of the lifestyle;
- Good analytical skills; Good skills in conversion of technology into business; Good skills in business case creation with good presentation formulation;
- Financial analysis skill is a plus
- Must be able to accept personal responsibility and accountability for major analytical and planning assignments, with sense of urgency and strong attention to detail;
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to identify cases, recommend solutions, and negotiate and execute contingency plans;
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to develop consensus and move the program forward to develop win-win situations;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001:2015) and Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001:2015), as applicable.