Technology Analyst - Mobile Application Development
Less than 5 years experience • Consumer Goods / Miscellaneous
TECHNOLOGY ANALYST - Mobile App Development
A career with AAA Northern California, Nevada and Utah is unique, just like you.
We?re a mission-driven Member services organization. We have a saying here at AAA that we aspire to be America?s most trusted organization absolutely famous for doing the right thing. With more than four million Members, our purpose is to bring peace of mind to Members so that they can enjoy life more.
We work hard to create an environment where you can thrive and where you use your skills and talents to help us deliver legendary Member service. You?ll help have a positive impact on the diverse communities we serve, too.
AAA?s IT organization is looking for people to work on exciting projects and help us solve challenges unique to our Members. We are looking for a ?utility-player? who can work across multiple areas within IT. The right person will help us solve challenges such as:
? How to predictively best place tow trucks during high traffic
? Use Machine Learning and AI to determine optimal routing for emergency calls
? Find patterns in our data that allow us to create new products to benefit our Members.
Exposure and focus in one or more of the following areas/roles in the IT organization:
- Product expert (Applications/Data, Infrastructure): Be the technical product expert. Understand the details of AAA?s technology, including its limitations and scalability. Work withother teams to understand their needs, build user stories, prioritize development efforts, support and deliver new features.
- Engineering: Analyze and write code based on requirements. Includes testing, debugging, and code maintenance. Work on new approaches including Machine learning, and advanced analytics. Well versed with programming languages such as Python/Java/JSON/HTML5.
- Vendor relationships: Communicate functionality and design requirements to internal and external stakeholders; own relationships withtechnology vendors, ensuring ongoing alignment and accountability.
- Data security: Ensure the continued protection of all consumer and enterprise data.
- IT strategy: Establish enterprise technology roadmap, developing IT policies and systems to support the execution of business strategy. Assess build vs. buy.
- Design, develop and test code for applications
- Create unit test plan/cases, conduct code and unit test walk-throughs
- Collaborate with solution delivery team to provide analytical and technical support?Developers, Architects, Project Managers and Quality Assurance ? on implemnting options to meet business requirments
- Strong planning and project management skills - attention to detail, follow-through, and accountability
- Analysis - Examines data and facts to uncover and understand cause-effect relationships, thus providing basis for problem solving and decision making.
- Problem-solving - Identifies problems, lists the possible solutions, evaluates options, and selects options to find solutions to problems.
- Strategic thinking - Generate and apply business insights and opportunities that benefit the company.
- Interprets results of analysis, prepares and presents outcomes to senior leadership
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment, succeed under pressure, and effectively manage time and workload
- Advanced written and oral communication skills; excellent listener
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to work independently and as part of a team
- Professional, service-oriented, proactive and flexible
- A desire to work within a diverse, collaborative, and driven professional environment
- Bachelor?s and/or Master?s degree, (Required) preference in Science, Technology
- Minimum 3years consulting experience (Required)
- Experiencewith research methodology, statistics and analytical writing (Required)
- Hands-on experiencewith Mobile Development Technologies such as Ionic
- Diversity of experience across many industries such as: retail, supply chain, strategy, project management, innovation or technology (Preferred)
We?ll value your skills and experience. We?re building a performance organization with heart and developing a pipeline of tomorrow?s leaders. Your work will be enhanced with training opportunities, a mentoring program and our Promote-from-within philosophy. We celebrate our diversity and leverage the power of many minds.