In the role of Big Data Engineer, you will interface with key stakeholders and apply your technical proficiency across different stages of the Software Development Life Cycle including Requirements Elicitation, Application Architecture definition and Design. You will play an important role in creating the high-level design artifacts. You will also deliver high quality code deliverables for a module, lead validation for all types of testing and support activities related to implementation, transition and warranty. You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued.Required Qualifications:
PreferredSenior Hadoop/Spark Developer Qualifications:
- Candidate must be located within commuting distance of Richardson, TX or be willing to relocate to the location. This position may require travel within the US and Canada.
- Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent required from an accredited institution. Will also consider three years of progressive experience in the specialty in lieu of every year of education
- 2+ years of experience in Information Technology.
- Bachelor's Degree or foreign equivalent, will consider work experience in lieu of a degree
- 1years of experience in Hadoop ecosystem leveraging tools like HBase, Hive, Pig, Scala, SPARK, Sqoop, Flume, Kafka, Python
- 1+ years of experience in Python & Spark with Advanced Spark programming and Advanced python programming.
- Strong knowledge in object oriented concepts, data structures and algorithms
- Experience in end-to-end implementation of DW BI projects, especially in data warehouse and mart
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency required, we are not able to sponsor at this time
- 3 years of hands on experience with Hadoop distributed frameworks while handling large amount of big data using Spark, Python, Hive, and Hadoop Ecosystems, preferably on cloud platform
- 1+ years of experience with Python required
- 1+ years of experience with SQL and Big Data experience
- Experience of working on AWS EMR Managed services is preferred
- Experience with Agile delivery methodologies - Scrum, SaFe, Extreme programming
- Ability to work within deadlines and effectively prioritize and execute on tasks.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with ability to communicate across teams, internal and external at all levels.
- Experience in Drive automations
- DevOps Knowledge is an added advantage.
- Proficient knowledge of SQL with any RDBMS.
Infosys is a global leader in next-generation digital services and consulting. We enable clients in 46 countries to navigate their digital transformation.
With over three decades of experience in managing the systems and workings of global enterprises, we expertly steer our clients through their digital journey. We do it by enabling the enterprise with an AI-powered core that helps prioritize the execution of change. We also empower the business with agile digital at scale to deliver unprecedented levels of performance and customer delight. Our always-on learning agenda drives their continuous improvement through building and transferring digital skills, expertise, and ideas from our innovation ecosystem.
To learn more about Infosys and see our ideas in action please visit us atwww.Infosys.com.EOE/Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin