Datascan is a provider of wholesale and audit intelligence in the automotive industry. Datascan’s solutions are the most comprehensive in the industry, providing banks, independent finance companies, and captive financial institutions with clarity critical to their success – helping them manage risk while increasing productivity and profits. All of our solutions are web-based and delivered from our state-of-the-art DataScan-managed data centers.
This position is responsible for providing application maintenance and support services to users of applications and to the IT functions that support them. Primarily they resolve application and system problems, or any incident that is disrupting the application service that client or business users depend on. The job calls for both technical capability and business understanding. The position reports to the manager of Support but works closely with and under the supervision of the Support Team Lead, forming a close team. The Technical Support Analyst uses excellent client management skills along with strong product and business knowledge to serve DataScan clients and assist other DataScan departments with various projects. Leads interaction with clients on resolving issues. May determine methods and procedures on issues and solves business problems in creative and effective ways. Able to work independently and in a team with a high level of accountability. The Technical Support Analyst possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with diverse groups of executives, managers, and subject matter experts. Elicits requirements, critically evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, reconciles conflicts, decomposes high-level information into details, abstracts up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguishes user requests from true business needs.
- Application support
- Receive and log requests for support from clients, otherinternal departments; investigates the problems and determines appropriate actions to take for resolution and remediation.
- Monitor the progress of requests for support and ensure users and other interested parties are kept informed.
- Provide correct responses to requests for support by means of for example: ? making modifications to system parameters, developing work-arounds, reconfiguring systems, changing operating procedures, training users or operations staff, producing additional documentation, or escalating requests for resolution of the problem
- Ensure all work is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures.
- Monitor application systems for issues, note problems and identify performance trends.
- Where approved, take corrective action to improve performance and to avoid problems arising
- Liaise with software suppliers on the development of system enhancements to overcome known problems or further fulfill user requirements. Business analysis
- Assist the internal teams to investigate and model business functions, processes, information flows and data structures, using methodical and consistent techniques
- Investigate operational requirements and problems, contributing to improvements; specify information flows, processes/procedures that will meet the business requirements.
- Document work, take part in user meetings and assist in presenting issues and solutions both orally and in writing.
- Assists in defining acceptance tests for new or upgraded systems.
- Bachelor's degree, business related degree with emphasis in Information Technology, Computer Science
- 3-5 years technical support, application support, or client support experience in a technical role
- Experience with working in a customer support team ? Knowledge or working experience with portable computing device
- Experience with financial and/or accounting systems and processes
- Working knowledge of relational databases (Oracle preferred) and SQL scripting
- Experience with Financial Accounting methods and GL processing. ?Experience with the following tools (or comparable tools): Microsoft Office, Oracle, Citrix, UltraEdit, Toad
- Proven ability to analyze a client's business needs and recommend effective solutions
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent analytical and written communication skills
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Ability to balance multiple projects and priorities
- Understanding of Wholesale Finance
- Prior experience with enterprise financial software application support
- Prior experience in either leading or participating on technical projects