Req ID: JR-0000039859
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
Apply system engineering analysis and problem solving techniques to NAND flash SSD drive development in the Enterprise Storage Systems design organization. Work closely with other system engineers, advanced development engineers and firmware engineers to develop algorithms, analyze test data, verify functionality and resolve issues for internally developed IP flash endurance and drive flash transition layer technology. System engineers develop and utilize familiarity across the breadth of all sub systems in drive design to apply a holistic approach to analysis and problem solving while integrating features. As a member of this team, system engineering skills may also be applied to a wide array of cross functional drive development issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· BS in Electrical Engineering
· 10 or more years of related experience
· Proven ability to achieve results in a fast moving dynamic environment
· Self-motivated and self-directed
· Demonstrated ability to work well with others
· Ability to work as a team member both within the team and across teams
· Ability to troubleshoot and analyze complex problems
· Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
· Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
· Analytical strength
· Failure analysis
· Data analysis
· Bench level debug, lab equipment utilization
· A highly disciplined approach to problem solving
· Experience with Microsoft Office, JMP, Python, etc. is highly valued
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.