Req ID: 35201
SanDisk®, a Western Digital brand, has been expanding the possibilities of data storage for more than 25 years—giving businesses and consumers the peace of mind that comes from knowing their data is readily available and reliable, even in the most challenging environments. Our products are used in the world's leading-edge data centers, embedded in game-changing smartphones, tablets, and laptops, and entrusted by consumers around the world. As a vertically-integrated storage solution company, we are able to quickly deliver innovative, high-quality solutions with less time from research to realization. From mobile devices to hyperscale data centers, SanDisk storage solutions make the incredible possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Architects, analyzes, designs, programs, debugs and modifies firmware and software.
- Troubleshoots code for firmware (IC embedded code) applications.
- Work often involves analog and digital hardware and software operating systems.
- The ideal candidate will quickly architect and design FW features, and submit design reviews before continuing the development workflow
- Position requires very strong knowledge of firmware design, development, debug, review, and commit/promotion within a multi-developer, multi-team environment. Typically programs in machine language, assembly language and high level languages (e.g., C, C++).
- Requires BS degree or equivalent with 10 or more years of related experience; or MS with 8+ years’ experience, or PhD with 6+ years’ experience.
- The ideal individual must have proven ability to achieve results in a fast moving, dynamic environment. Although self-motivated and self-directed, the ideal candidate must have demonstrated the ability to work well with people.
- A proven desire to work as a team member, both on the same team and outside of the team.
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze complex problems.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills needed.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in:
- ARM R5 and A53
- C & C++
- ARM assembly
- cmake build tools
- developing unit-test/mockTest/cPPTest
- SSD architecture
- Interface Protocols (SAS/SCSI, NVMe, SATA)
- FW Download
- Bootup flow
- Debug infrastructure
- Multi-core environments
- Firmware or software development workflow within a multi-developer, perhaps multi-site environment
Western Digital offers a highly competitive compensation package and great benefits. Western Digital provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.