General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Technician Team Lead position in our Mechanical Assembly group located in Poway, CA.
Performs and/or assists in fabrication, modification, assembly, installation, operation, repair and maintenance of complex laboratory, experimental and commercial equipment. May assist in the design of basic lab, experimental, and commercial equipment. Applies specialized knowledge and skills pertinent to the organization, project or program assigned. Sets up and performs complex experiments and tests. Records, reduces and summarizes data.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifies daily constraints and escalates to Supervisor or appropriate contact.
- Conducts LEAP Meetings and follow-up on action items.
- Leads Team and Tier board review.
- Leads 5S activities
- Maintain skills matrix and training records.
- Approves, makes corrections and ensures proper time charging for subordinates.
- Maintains metrics as directed by Manager for production group(s) to include overtime, overhead, realization and 5S activities.
- Provide input to annual Performance Appraisals in his/her group.
- Makes setups and adjustments holding tolerances to specifications. Ensures equipment is functioning as required.
- May perform duties as required in his/her manufacturing functional area.
- Manages labor resources, material and schedules. Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules. Recommends measures to improve production methods.
- Responsible for fabrication, modification, installation, and documentation of complex laboratory, experimental or commercial equipment.
- Interprets general instructions, plans sequence of assembly, maintains quality assurance documentation and prepares sketches and schematics.
- May assist in the design of basic lab, experimental, and commercial equipment.
- Operates specialized equipment and/or performs tests requiring knowledge of processes pertinent to the organization, program or project.
- Responsible for execution of a set of laboratory experiments or for a complex laboratory function.
- Collects, records, reduces, and summarizes experimental data.
- Diagnoses and corrects operational problems or trouble sources in equipment or tests. Interprets basic information displayed to recognize when various operating measurements are drifting out of established parameters. Adjusts operating parameters to bring systems back to satisfactory operating conditions. Develops solutions to problems that occur including assisting in the design of specialized components.
- May provide direction to other technicians or craft personnel in construction and maintenance of equipment, operation of tests, or laboratory.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Carries out a variety of routine laboratory duties including housekeeping and clean up.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires associate’s degree or equivalent with seven or more years of experience. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Ability and willingness to work on systems which have unusual conditions such as high pressure, high voltage, high energy, cryogens, or radioactive materials.
- Knowledge of computer operations and applications pertinent to the field required.
- Must have analytical ability to read and understand detailed instructions, drawings and specifications.
- Communication skills necessary to write and record precise information.
- Special skills and expertise to use complex equipment or experimental techniques.
- Proficient in written and verbal communication and can express complex ideas in a clear manner.