Purpose of the Technician Sr., Technology Solutions Position: Supports the company’s Business clients remotely and at customer site with installs, repairs and/or maintenance of technology products resolving customer technical issues with training, response to questions, and supporting the customer’s network environments. Resolve and document hardware and software network problems timely with accuracy.
Must be able to diagnose, install and maintain the customer’s networks to include testing; configuring, maintenance, optimizing a network hardware, software, and peripheral devices, communication links while ensuring minimal network downtime.
Essential Duties of the Position:
- Work with Engineers and Sales teams to create optimal network performance for the company’s business customers
- Meet client service level agreements
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user workstation hardware, software, network peripheral devices, and networking hardware and software
- Maintain servers; e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated software products.
- Maintain security solutions to include firewall, anti-virus, and intrusion detection systems
- Maintain all customer’s network hardware equipment
- Monitor and test network performance and provide statistics and reports, ensure accuracy of documentation
- Perform customer’s server maintenance and system backups
- Respond and assist to client trouble tickets/calls/requests
- Recommend and perform network improvements, upgrades and potential repairs
- Support the client’s networking projects and new technology installations.
- Collaborate with Senior Engineers and Sales teams to create optimal network performance for customers and meet service level agreements with end users.
- Work with end users and management to identify and document requirednetwork service levels. Prepare and ensure accuracy of documentation.
- Participate performing on-site tasks to include: analysis, diagnosis, resolution, and recommend corrective hardware and software solutions, including off-site repair.
- With direction and support, perform server maintenance to include, installation, configure, test, maintenance, monitor, and troubleshoot end user workstation hardware, software, networked peripheral devices, cabling, and networking hardware and software products and recommending network improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Perform and monitor system backups. Maintain servers, including peripherals, backup servers and associated operating systems and software.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding network connectivity problems and may respond to customer emergency outages.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards
- Hands-on hardware troubleshootingexperience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into server and computer issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Additional Job Requirements:
This is an advanced senior level position within the discipline and recognized as the subject matter expert (SME) and possess advanced skills within the discipline an advanced comprehensive understanding of installation, modifications, configuring, maintenance, and optimizing network hardware/software, and test procedures.
Ability to support senior technicians and mentor junior technicians, executes the most complex equipment installation, test and turn up working under minimal supervision with latitude for independent judgement.
The position will be responsible for implementation, adoption and operational success of various network software/hardware peripheral devices, management and monitoring systems.
Interaction: This position effectively works with management and employees in other functions within the company that support the sales effort and has direct customer contact and operates and drives results independently through margin on billable work and billing utilization.
- Minimum ten or more years’ experience in a network management systems environment with increasing responsibilities.
- Experience in an IT consulting environment preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates Degree in Computer Science Technology or equivalent training required.
- OR, a combination of relevant work experience and/or education sufficient to perform the duties may be
- Industry specific certifications are highly valued and may contribute toward education.
- Preferred Certification: Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)