Seeking self-motivated and energetic candidate looking to work OCONUS
Title of Position: Technician (OCONUS) Level 2
Description of Position:
- This is a 30-month tour in Okinawa, Japan
- Apply technical knowledge in a specified area to solve problems pertaining to specific equipment or entire systems.
- Utilize system level functions, diagnostics, hardware manipulation, fault isolation, and other tools and processes to resolve problems of different complexity levels in systems.
- Install and certify systems in the field to include performing or assisting with design and test, operational readiness, maintenance, repair, and testing of a wide range of RF devices.
- System maintenance activities include troubleshooting, module and component replacement and system checkout, bench repair of chassis, card module, and/or component level.
- The Technician shall be experienced in the general repair of various equipment related to the specific Delivery Order.
- The Technician shall be responsible for the control of technical data holdings pertaining to equipment and facilities as specified in the Delivery Order.
- Operate test equipment - to include function generators, signal generators, spectrum and network analyzers, power meters, power supplies, oscilloscopes, volt-ohm-ammeters, fiber optic meters, BIT error tester, and multimeters
- Solder and perform electrical assembly - to include chassis wiring, system assembly, soldering wire to multi-pin connectors, and soldering components (including surface mount) to circuit cards. This task assumes/requires proficiency in the construction of various coaxial, semi-rigid, data, control and ribbon cable assemblies.
- Fabricate and assemble fiber optic cables - to include chassis wiring and assembling systems connected via optic cable
- Install, test, and analyze RF and electronic circuits
- Rack, stack, and test systems, sub-systems, and equipment
- Maintain labs used for system integration, test, and lifecycle support
- Brief projects and systems status to technical management
Education and Experience Required:
- Ten (10) years of experience as a technician supporting SIGINT access, collection or exploitation systems is required.
- Experience working with the type of equipment specified within/pertaining to particular Delivery Orders is required.
- Experience shall include a working knowledge in the areas of assessment, documentation, and troubleshooting.
- Associate's degree in Electronics Technology or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Two (2) years of additional related experience may be substituted for an associate's degree.