WideOrbit is the technology platform for media companies to connect audiences and ads, everywhere. Its mission is to simplify media buying and selling by focusing on innovation, customer delight, and value creation for both sides of media transactions. Starting with its core traffic management solution, WideOrbit centralizes operations and streamlines workflows for radio, cable, and television companies. The company continues to introduce new benefits to the media industry, including a programmatic media exchange for increasing demand for advertising inventory and improving campaign efficiency. WideOrbit is headquartered in San Francisco with offices worldwide. Customers include NBCUniversal, Tribune Media, Entercom Communications, Raycom Media, TEGNA, AMC Networks and many other top media companies around the world.
The WO Programmatic team is looking for a Technical Writer to own the creation of our online end user documentation and ensure all customers understand and use the new features we are releasing. We are consistently upgrading our products, and are looking for a passionate and innovative writer to help produce stellar end-user content, addressing the challenges of working within a complex application. This position will challenge you to see the software through the eyes of our clients, and then give them the tools to understand and eventually master it. Every team member is a critical part of the design and implementation process, and you will be responsible for creating industry-leading content for multiple versions of complex, business-critical software applications.
Here is what you’ll be doing:
- Research, author, and publish outstanding user-facing content (help topics, release notes, user guides) under tight deadlines and short product cycles.
- Collaborate with Product, Development, Support, and Client Services to develop content that helps our clients succeed with WideOrbit software.
- Identify areas to be improved, and advocate for the user during the design and development phases for new features.
- Deliver professional, accurate, and most importantly, useful content when it’s needed most by our users.
- Create and own a plan for delivering technical documentation and complete release notes for builds on time.
- Learn and understand the phases of software development in ad tech, including agile and waterfall methodologies.
- Read, write, and troubleshoot XML and HTML-based content
Here is what we are looking for:
- Experience working with advertising software and/or knowledge of broadcast ratings data and advertising rate cards highly preferred
- 2+ years of translating technical and development specifications into easy-to-read content for users
- Experience with online help production, information architecture, and single-sourcing concepts
- Proactively taking the initiative to research solutions online and come up with creative solutions to content problems.
- Drive documentation projects and overcome project obstacles to reach the completion.
- Confident, professional, and effective communicator (both verbally and in written form) that can work with all levels and departments in an organization and get his/her point across in a concise, articulate, and congenial way.
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast paced, somewhat ambiguous technical environment.
- Ability to own complex documentation projects with minimal supervision and meet tight deadlines with multiple deliverables.
- Ability to learn new technologies and processes quickly.
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical writing, communication, or computer science or a related field is preferred.