Strategic HR Outsourcing Solutions (SOS HR) is a boutique RPO (Recruiting Process Outsourcing) firm specializing in all areas of Human Resources and Talent Acquisition/Recruiting. Our core expertise is in the area of HR Consulting, Staff Augmentation, Recruiting from A – Z, and Professional Services.
We attribute our record of growth to our thriving base of highly motivated, results-driven management team, employees, and consultant. If you have a positive attitude, strong work ethic, great customer service and the willingness to learn, then we want to talk to you!
We have a customer that has the below need for a perm position at the Aberdeen Proving Ground in Aberdeen, Maryland. Must possess a minimum of an active Top Secret clearance.
Join our client’s team to research, develop and document technical design specifications and test scripts.
- Proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation
- Relevant experience must be in information architecture and system design, training material development, business process analysis, user interface and requirement specifications
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Basic familiarity with the SDLC and software development
- Strong experience owning an end-to-end documentation creation process
- Proficient in the use of spreadsheets and project management tools
- Strong analytical and logical reasoning skills
- Ability to conduct fact-finding research and accurately prepare and maintain records and reports
- Demonstration of strong organizational and analytical skills
Key Job Functions:
Our client’s team seeks an experienced Technical Writer, to write technical materials, such as equipment manuals, appendices, or operating and maintenance instructions. May assist in layout work.
In this role, you will:
- Research, develop and document technical design specifications and test scripts
- Produce electronic documentation in addition to hard copy manuals
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content
- Manage updates and revisions to technical literature
- Edit material prepared by staff
- Standardize content across platforms and media
- Collect user feedback to update and improve content
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
- Write easy-to-understand user interface text, online help and developer guides
- Create tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications
An individual must meet the following criteria in order to be considered:
- U.S. Citizen
- Pass a background investigation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Information Systems Management or related field preferred
- Possess a Top Secret clearance
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Technical Writer
- Proficient in MS Office, MS Project, Visio and Adobe 2010 Professional for document creation.
- Ability to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact frequently with technical research and development personnel
- Applicant selected will be subject to a government background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
· Up to 5% travel
We are an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer that understands the value of diversity and its impact on a high performance culture.