About The Role
SoFi is looking for a technical writer to help lead up our documentation efforts. From working with business experts to engineers, you will provide the direction needed in our documentation. We are looking for a candidate with a technical background.
By joining SoFi, you're joining a new kind of finance company based around speed, transparency, and alignment with our members’ interests. Our goal is to be the center of our members’ financial lives. We created studentloan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge this new generation has through a new approach to lending. We expanded into other types of loans, and then into insurance and wealth management with similarly inventive products. As the company has grown, we’ve been able to help more people with these tools.
SoFi has achieved significant growth, with big plans ahead. In just the last year, we've more than doubled our member base (260,000 strong), doubled loan volume ($8 billion in 2016), and grown our team from under 200 people to more than 900. We're preparing to go global, with expansion to Australia and Canada planned this year. And we're well capitalized to power all this growth, having raised $1.9 billion in equity backing. But we'll only be able to continue this growth with great talent, and that includes you.
- Standardize content across platforms and media
- Establish and foster working relationships with various stakeholders and teams
- Work with internal teams to obtain documentation requirements
- Evaluate existing business processes and translate into accurate, consistent, and concise documentation that follows a logical flow
- Work with Line of Business Leaders and Subject Matter Experts to develop new procedures and maintain existing documentation for individual business units
- Interview Subject Matter Experts and perform research for policy, procedure or documentation development
- Manage, organize and maintain electronic documentation project
- Create and maintain short-term and long-term roadmap for the technical writing domain
- Align writing projects to large strategic objectives and ensure they understand the big picture and goals
- Connect with the various engineering teams to understand key projects and the required documentation deliverables to ensure we are providing the documentation support they need to meet project schedules and expectations
- Manage expectations of all interested parties: defined clear schedules with key deliverables and milestone dates, identify and communicate risks and adjustments to the overall documentation deliverables
- 5+ years of experience as a technical writer in software development
- 3-5+ years managing a team of employees
- Strong math or financial background
- Knowledge of software engineering documentation standards
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional thoroughness, attention to detail, and systematic writing process
- Skilled at prioritization and multitasking
- Ability to collaborate and influence with cross functional teams, within other geographies, and be willing to “roll-up the sleeves” in order to accomplish all necessary tasks
- Analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills with focus under pressure
- Proactive with proven ability to execute on multiple tasks concurrently
- Independent in examination and analysis
- Resourceful, action-oriented with the ability to get things done and overcome obstacles
- B.S. or B.A. degree (Journalism, Business Communications, English, Technical Writing or equivalent)
- Knowledge of Atlassian Confluence
- Experience working directly with engineer teams
- A thorough understanding of the software development (SDLC)
- Previous experience in technical documentation such as creating and maintaining ERD’s, process flows, application programming interfaces (APIs) and data dictionaries.
- Ability to be responsible for regular and ongoing communications
- Proven, self-motivated ability to bring work items to closure, following up and escalating to do so, as necessary
- Willingness and ability to work on both individual and team projects.
- Passion to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Willingness and flexibility to adapt to changes in project assignments and/or work environment.
- Ability to take initiative, maintain a positive attitude, be self-motivated, and to work effectively on projects with minimal direct supervision.
- Catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFi for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning. ?
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your studentloans.