* Under minimal direction, supports the preparation and revision of Technical Operations manuals. The Technical Writer works under high-pressure to meet deadlines that safeguard a safe and compliant operation.
* Author, revise and publish documentation that provides all Technical Operation personnel with necessary information and instructions to perform their duties and responsibilities with a high degree of safety.
* Publish documentation that adheres to applicable Code of Federal Regulations (CFR)s, Department of Defense (DoD) standards, Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) Laws and Regulations, and Air Transport Association (ATA) Specifications, as they relate to publications.
* Provide accurate information in technical documents by ensuring correct content and format with correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
* Review published materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, content, and methods of reproduction.
* Assist with and develop supporting materials (illustrations, flow diagrams, tables, etc.)
* Organize material and complete change request according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
* Participate in the preparation of procedures for processing technical data through the various stages of development and publication.
* Track and monitor the flow of all documents from inception to publication.
* Develop aircraft maintenance programs procedures, work documents, and diagrams to support maintenance in meeting the safe and economical maintenance and operations standards of the aircraft.
* Support the efforts of Subject Matter Experts to complete projects in accordance with established deadlines with strict adherence to quality standards.
* Interface with Subject Matter Experts in the writing, editing, and publication of various types of documents such as technical manuals, maintenance programs documentation, and training material etc.
* Coordinate the publication and revision of various in-house technical publications with other Writers in the department.
* Identify trends and communicate suggestions for improving efficiency and effectiveness of existing Publications processes to ensure accuracy, usability and currency of documentation. Create professional documentation of processes and procedures for use by all team members. Update documentation when changes are made.
* Investigate and resolve problem areas through self-discovery and by interfacing with various management and maintenance personnel. Perform the self and peer edit of documents to ensure format, content, flow and integrity are in conformance with internal quality management system and customer requirements. Provide quality assurance checklists for all document deliverables.
* Compile daily/weekly/monthly activity reports and periodic project reports. Provide documented, well thought out solution alternatives and recommendations on issues and process improvements.
* May perform other responsibilities as assigned. Responsibilities and duties may change when circumstances dictate. (e.g., emergencies, changes in workload, rush jobs or technical developments.)
* Adobe Frame maker and Acrobat Pro,Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio and Outlook CorelDraw
*Technical Writing: 6 years
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed, but are not to be seen as a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Also, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer
Silver Airways offers excellent benefits including travel benefits and is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V