Title: Technical Writer
Scotiabank has begun the journey to modernize both development practices and tools. One of the areas being explored is the public cloud and the various platform technologies that support both development and operations on the cloud.
The aim is to reduce costs by providing a streamlined process and framework which will allow the development team to focus on building business logic. We are looking to build our development team with influencers, makers, creators and industry leaders who will drive us forward and enhance the experience of our customers.
Role: Technical Writer
As an API Technical Writer in Platform Modernization at Scotiabank, the candidate will develop and deliver high quality content by writing technical documentation while working with developers, architects and project managers to better understand their needs and business cases, get their feedback, provide information, and communicate changes in the documentation over the course of the project.
The candidate will create, edit, revise and produce content in the form of technical documentation, API definitions, integration guides, proper API usage examples, architectural diagrams, and user guides while ensuring that that new documentation and templates have a set standard maintaining a consistent style, tone and approach.
- 3+ years of experience at a high performing technology company in a technical writing position
- Understand various development languages ( C++, Java, Python ect.)
- Excellent interpersonal and general business communication skills
- Has great attention to detail, is motivated and able to take initiative
- Strong understanding of agile development and frameworks
- Excellent strategic thinking, time management and prioritization skills
- Track record of successfully working with developers, PM and architects
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor (equivalent or higher) degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline.