Raytheon Technologies is supporting a U.S. Government customer on a large mission critical development and sustainment program to design, build, deliver, and operate a network operations environment; including introducing new cyber capabilities to address emerging threats. Raytheon Technologies Cybersecurity, Training, and Services (CTS) team is see a Technical Writer & Editot that possesses a thorough understanding of the scientific and technical subject matter, documentation content, and requirements, recommends and develops diagrams, charts, and graphs that increase the user's understanding. See More
- Developing and reviewing technical communications deliverables including engineering documentation, operational procedures, plans, action reports, and meeting minutes, coordinating with engineering teams to obtain necessary input data.
- Preparing, reviewing, editing and maintaining program technical documents including software and system engineering documents, CONOPS, test reports, user documentation, implementation documentation, etc.
- Creating, reviewing, editing and maintaining technical drawings.
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Must have an active Secret clearance and be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
- Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability.
- 6+ years of technical writing experience including developing communications deliverables such as engineering documentation, plans, action reports, and meeting minutes for internal and external audiences.
- Experience with creating and maintaining information system security documentation and SOPs.
- Excellent hands-on experience with Microsoft Office including MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Fluid technical writing and editing skills, including the use of AP Style.
- Ability to research and analyze complex technical material and break it down into concise, compelling copy that engages the reader.
- Ability to work under pressure with clients, program managers and subject matter experts in a fast-paced cybersecurity environment.
- Familiarity with a variety of internal and external communications vehicles, practices and technologies, including print, electronic, video and social media.
- Ability to capture meeting discussions at a rapid pace using either shorthand and/or typing fast.
- Experience with creating technical briefings including executive leadership briefings.
- Experience developing news articles, monthly newsletters, executive messages, advanced PowerPoint presentations and infographics.
- Familiarity with cybersecurity communications language and subject matter.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
Required Education (including Major) Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in English, Business or related discipline and with 5+ years of technical writing and editing experience or 7+ years technical writing and editing experience with a High school diploma
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Valid through: 9/20/2020