Produces high-quality documents and communications that increase clarity, performance and usability of systems and for the overall success of the Information Technology organization.
Works with the technology project teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of system documentation and product requirements. Drives projects from start to finish by performing tasks such as but not limited to the development of new projects through special research, data analysis, data collection and the documentation of internal system functionality. Shares information and encapsulate tribal knowledge, collaborates with the engineering team and translates code into usable documentation with detailed explanations and code samples.
- Develop technical requirements by researching, developing, analyzing and documenting technical design specifications and test scripts.
- Translate code into useable documents through collaboration with developers, testers and understanding technical and functional issues. Write and enhance developer guides, including reference materials, tutorials, API, Microservices documentation. This includes documenting programming methodologies and toolkit use.
- Organize and audit the documentation library to keep information relevant over time. This includes developing and maintain user-training materials.
- Engage with the Technology Delivery Services team to continuously improve the project delivery processes.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities (KSAs) required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, English, Technical Communications, or a related field.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience as a technical writer or information developer.
- Expert understanding on creating API, Microservices, architectural, and other engineering-focused documentation.
- Familiar with the software development lifecycle and Agile processes.
- Proven ability to learn new systems and develop product expertise quickly.
- Experience with various forms of documentation delivery technologies, including XML and wikis.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, English, Technical Communications, or a related field.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of 7 years of experience as a technical writer or information developer.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.