Job Title: Technical Writer
Duration: 12+ months (possibilities of extensions)
Client is in need of a contractor that has demonstrated experience documenting operational procedures for an enterprise environment. This contractor will work independently, but with oversight from the State's ASET division. They will document current enterprise procedures for the ASET information Security team.
- Candidate should have Technical Writingexperience in an Enterprise environment. Information Securityexperiencepreferred.
- The technical writer will create the detailed documentation that may include screenshots, diagrams and charts to show a non-technical user how to perform a technical work task.
- They will help create a detailed instruction manual, consisting of how-to guides and other supporting documents to communicate complex and technical information.
- They will do this by in depth of interviewing current staff in order to develop, gather, and interpret all relevant technical information.
Sample of duties/tasks include, but not limited to the following:
- Create detailed and concise step by step technical procedure instructions.
- Study current technical procedures and interview security analyst / security engineers to ensure the content is valid and update were necessary.
- Work with technical staff in a goal to make documentation easier to use and thus require fewer instructions
- Use screenshots and/or create drawings, diagrams and charts that increase users' understanding of technical procedures
- Gather technical user feedback to update and improve content
- Revise content as new issues arise during engagement
- Must be able to understand complex information and communicate the information in writing to people with diverse professional backgrounds.
- May conduct research on their topics through personal observation, library and Internet research, and discussions with technical specialists.
- Responsible for managing the consistency of technical content and documentation