Lenovo is the fastest growing technology company on the planet, with growth outpacing our competition quarter after quarter and we’re growing! Lenovo’s fundamental belief is that life rewards those who Never Stand Still. Every day, every employee at Lenovo is focused on moving forward, rejecting traditional limits, and always seeking a better way. We are looking for theperson who challenges the ordinary and seeks to innovate in learning, while also balancing execution.
We are looking for a self-starter with excellent communications skills and strong technical skills. The Technical Writer will design and develop user documentation for ThinkAgile products in a fast-paced environment.
The Technical Writer must have the ability to work with a diverse set of stake-holders, such as development, service, human factors, and marketing, to identify customer documentation needs, develop user documentation to meet those needs, and to deliver quality, solution-level information for both hardware and software. The Technical Writer will have opportunity to design information solutions and to work closely with a worldwide Information Development organization.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
• Work hands-on with new hardware.
• Take information from other sources to create new documentation, often without direct access to the relevant hardware and software.
• Identify customer documentation needs and articulate requirements to meet those needs.
• Document new and complex processes, including identifying and resolving gaps in understanding.
• Define requirements for documentation inputs (such as service procedures) and outputs (such as graphics).
• Take full ownership of documentation/publications for projects.
• Work closely with development, service, and other stakeholders to define requirements, manage expectations, and meet critical, time-sensitive goals.
Lenovo is a $46 billion global Fortune 250 company and leader in providing innovative consumer, commercial and enterprise technology. Our portfolio of high-quality, secure products and services covers PCs, workstations, servers, storage, smart TVs and a family of mobile products like smartphones (including the Motorola brand), tablets and apps. Everyone here at Lenovo is an integral part of the company, working together, across continents, cultures and innovations, all comprised in a friendly, fast-paced, work environment that focuses on one common goal: to be known as the best in what we do.
We're looking to add talented individuals who are self-motivated and desire boundless opportunities, to join us. Come share in the discoveries that are forged from our shared achievements at Lenovo as we drive the next generation in technology.
You must have the following skills to be considered:
• 5+ years experience documenting hardware, software, and integrated solutions, for both customer and internal use.
• 5+ years with DITA, for multiple outputs (such as PDF book and HTML).
• At least 5 years of experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• At least 3 years of experience with ArborText Editor or equivalent XML editor.
• Good self-management – able to manage concurrent projects and prioritize your tasks, workload, and roadmap.
• Excellent communications skills – able to work with teams across cultures fostering trust and collaboration. Comfortable presenting to large groups and executives.
• Language skills – fluent in speaking and written English. Other language skills a plus, though not essential.
• Must be able to attend frequent meetings outside of standard working hours, to accommodate teams in other time zones.
• Some heavy lifting may be required
The following skills are preferred:
• Experience working with Java preferred.
• Experience working with .CSS and developing scripts (XSL, Perl, Python) a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.