We are looking for Technical Writer (Internal Developer Documentation) for our client in Seattle, WA
Job Title: Technical Writer (Internal Developer Documentation)
Job Location: Seattle, WA
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- The Technical Writer will have the opportunity to work with teams of engineers to create developer documentation for internal audiences.
- We are looking for a candidate who is highly organized, can work independently in a fast-paced environment, and can produce multiple deliverables with frequent deadlines.
- Candidates should have the flexibility to learn new products and technologies quickly and have the versatility to move from project to project as needed.
- An ideal candidate will have a strong interest in innovative solutions to documentation challenges in the new era of computing and IT.
- Document REST APIs and SDKs for internal development systems
- Maintain documentation for previous product versions
- Write release notes and other support documentation
- Gather information from team meetings, product specifications, interviews with subject-matter experts, and direct interaction with systems
- Manage multiple projects
- Peer review other writers' work
- Gather and address feedback from multiple sources
- Work independently and rapidly to meet tight deadlines
- Conceptualize what developer documentation should mean and drive implementation
- Implement systems and processes
- Designing, authoring, and editing documentation for software developers.
- Writing code to use REST APIs in one or more common languages (such as Python (preferred), Java, PowerShell, or Go)
- Following organizational and industry standards (such as Microsoft Manual of Style for Technical Publications)
- Managing multiple versions of topics
- Tracking and prioritizing multiple simultaneous projects
- Using UNIX/Linux command-line interfaces
- Working in cross-functional teams
- Using modern documentation approaches (such as docs-as-code, structured authoring, wikis)
- BS or BA in technical/professional communication, English, journalism, computer science, electrical engineering, or other related field
- 5+ years documenting software products
- 3+ years documenting APIs
- 2+ years creating documentation for internal audiences
- Some experience with UNIX/Linux, storage, virtualization, and/or networking technologies