Technical Writer / Instructional Designer
We are looking for Technical Writer/Instructional Designer for our client in Atlanta, GA
Job Title: Technical Writer/Instructional Designer
Job Location: Atlanta, GA
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Experienced technical writer/ instructional designer to produce user-friendly, effective system operations guides, user guides, training material and technical system manuals for a new system design, implementation and launch that addresses the needs of multiple user groups.
- Individual must be a mature, self-starter that can easily acclimate into the project team and make an immediate contribution. Effective interface with the technology design team during all project phases is required and essential.
- Candidate must demonstrate exceptional ability to observe technical processes and relay the information in a concise and effective way. The individual must be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ideal candidate is expected to be highly motivated, well-organized, good at multitasking and time management.
- Proven ability to effectively help bridge the gap between technical/process knowledge, governmental compliance requirements and day-to-day work instructions.
- Gather and research information for use in technical documentation. Assist in layout work.
- Ability to write instruction manuals and other documents in a way that will communicate complex, technical information in nontechnical language, where appropriate.
- Write technical materials, such as equipment manuals, appendices, or operating and maintenance instructions.
- Support development of a variety of technical articles, reports, brochures, and/or manuals for documentation for a wide range of uses.
- Develop, gather, and communicate technical information among work teams.
- Migrates content from varied sources (PDFs, Access databases, Word documents, cloud storage, etc.) to an agreed upon platform.
- Formats and organizes content to meet existing guidelines.
- Make frequent revisions to documentation in order to support the evolving needs of the Project Team as it relates to system design, implementation, rollout and training.
- Create and maintain a project repository, including, but not limited to, Design Support Updates, Design Support Notes, newsletters, forms, job aids, training guides, and reference materials, such as appendices and exhibits to related program documentation.
- May be responsible for coordinating the display of graphics and the production of the document.
- 2 – 5 years of tangible, technical writing experience
- A bachelor’s degree
- Proven ability to learn and master the organization’s specific software/application environment
- Experience writing procedures, user manuals, system documentation in a system application framework
- Able to work in a team environment
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated mastery using Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat (Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign).
- Experience using industry respected tools, such as RoboHelp, FrameMaker, or XML.