Responsible for the research, writing, layout, editing and revision of user's manuals, installation guides, quick start guides, labels and other instructional materials. Direct graphic illustrator in planning the presentation of illustrations, graphics, and photographs. In absence of technical illustrator, create simple illustrations and make minor modifications to existing illustrations and graphics. Must be able to organize ideas and be able to translate technical terms into text that reader can understand. Must be able to research/create high-level specialized projects with quick turnaround times as assigned by Publications Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In accordance with factory, marketing, product line and publications group production schedules, produce use and care guides and other consumer literature and point of purchase products, as assigned by Publications Manager.
- Maintain existing consumer product literature as required.
- Deliver all assigned literature projects to customers or suppliers with appropriate lead time for production.
- Provide EMA team members, customers, and owners with accurate product information by uploading consumer literature to the EMA-NA web site.
- Research and acquisition of detailed product information from cross-disciplines such as R&D engineering, product line and marketing, consumer science lab, consumer agencies, company legal teams, customers, and other groups as needed.
- When feasible, cross train on products outside area of primary responsibility, and in related areas such as Catia,
- Teamcenter and EPM Gate.
- Attend cross-functional meetings.
- Research/create high-level specialized projects with quick turnaround times as assigned by Publications Manager.
- Ability to train other technical writers.
- Ability to lead teams/projects as needed.
- This position will require minimal direction from Publications Manager and will assist and cross train project/team management with manager.
- Assist marketing teams on multi-media projects that support the post purchase journey specific to education and instruction of products, accessories and consumables
- Ensure all consumer communications and visuals align with Visual Brand Identities
- BA or BS Degree (transcripts required) in communications and/or applicable technical communications field
- 7+ years technical writing experience preparing consumer oriented instructional material or technical service manuals
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe InDesign, FrameMaker or desktop publishing/CMS software
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to write concise, precise, grammatically correct, and technically correct sentences.
- Advanced proficiency using Adobe InDesign, FrameMaker or CMS tools, and strong use of a drawing/graphics tool such as
- Adobe Illustrator. Also advanced proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat Pro and PowerPoint.
- Experience developing materials and parts for a manufacturing and assembly environment.
- Strong attention to details and highly organized.
- Work independently and as a team member/lead, demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and interact effectively within a cross-functional environment.
- Work within tight delivery schedules to complete projects on time.
- Strong client interfacing skills and the ability to turn abstract ideas into execution.
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings preferred.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced professional environment.