CACI has an exciting opportunity for the right person to join our team as a Technical Writer in the Fort Meade, Maryland area. Your excellent communications skills will be necessary to craft your customer’s messages and coordinate across the enterprise. This position is ultimately responsible for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Technical Writer area of responsibility. You will use your six (6) years of technical writing experience to prepare, review, revise, and maintain technical documents. You will be responsible for the technical documentation of a wide variety of internal processes and productions activities to include work instructions, standard operating procedures, production processes, security handing procedures, and governance documents as well as quality assurance activities and training materials. You will work in a small team environment that also supports configuration management activities and documentation oversight functions.
More about the role:
You will be responsible for the preparation, review, revision, and maintenance of technical documents including software and systems engineering, system operations, testing, and user documentation. You will write and edit technical documentation for all of the project’s hardware and software to include installation, configuration and how-to documentation. In addition, you will create code documentation for software; produces implementation guides and end-user guides for capabilities; provides field, data definition, and data flow documentation and formats technical publications from pamphlets, technical drawings, and consultations with technical personnel and other available resources.
Here’s what YOU’LL get to do:
- Assist in preparing and maintaining operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications
- Understand basic concepts (to include basic grammar concepts), responsible for writing technical copy for various types of documents
- Gather technical information, prepares written text
- Maintain a current internal documentation library
- Use multiple word processing and presentation tools such as MS Word, PowerPoint, and Visio etc.
- Prepare and maintain operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications
- Work with developers to produce quality documentation and training materials
- Work on all phases of documentation
- Understand basic concepts and write technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity
- Prepare reports, responses, and briefings targeted to a wide range of audiences
- Coordinate layout and design of documents
- Research highly technical subject matter, organizes information from multiples sources, and express technical information in written form that is comprehensible to a wide audience of readers
- Under general direction, write technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity
- Apply concepts for technical writing based on engineering drawings, technical information from engineering documentation, consultations with engineers and subject matter experts, and other available sources
- Produce defense acquisition documentation, user manuals, training manuals, and other documentation utilized by the end-user community of DoD electronic equipment and systems
- Interpret engineering and maintenance drawings, operational procedures to understand and blend large quantities of computer related information
- Produce technical documentation for Cryptologic programs or projects developing analytic tradecraft methodologies
- Apply technical manual standard NSA DS-89 to work products
You’ll bring these qualifications:
- TS/SCI w/POLY required.
- Six (6) years’ experience as a Technical Writer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of additional TW experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.