Hi-Tec Systems, Inc. is anticipating the need for a qualified Technical Writer, at the FAA William J. Hughes Technical Center in Egg Harbor Twp,. NJ
- Technical writing background with a demonstrated proficiency in documenting engineering terminology in Development and Operational Testing. – MS Office is the current program standard
- Prior experiencepreferred within Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) requiring direct technical interface with engineering and operations staff
- Understanding of the Acquisition Management System (AMS) Lifecycle and work products associated with it: Service Analysis & Concept Feasibility & Evaluation, Investment Analysis, and Solution Implementation
Bachelor's degree in a related specialized area or field, or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
The Technical Writer will provide technical writing support for program tasking and deliverables, working independently and/or with a team of project engineers and technicians, as specific tasking dictates. Scope of tasking will include preparation of installation and assembly procedures for FAA development and operational systems. Work involves support on Integrated teams may also include input for technical reports and design milestone reviews, scheduling and planning duties, and other special assignments on a diverse range of technical tasking. The role requires working with the program team and sub-contractors in addition to direct interface with customer representatives.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Creates, develops, plans, writes and edits complex operational and instructional documents.Edits, proofreads, organizes, and rewrites all volumes of technical product guides
- Conducts interviews with various users and technical staff to gather data for documentation
- Researches and translates technical information into plans, procedures, manuals and/or web-based documents for nontechnical and technical users
- Recommends formats responsive to technical and customer requirements
- Produces products that conform to the FAA documentation and quality assurance standards
- Acts as the primary technical editor on numerous projects.
- Implements editorial and document governance standards for quality and style; ensures all assigned deliverables meet these standards
- Manages final editing process
- Ensures projects and products meet deadlines,
- Security clearance is required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards required of technical publications
- Proficient knowledge of FAA guidelines and standards.
- Proficient editing, written, English and grammar skills
- Proficient knowledge of information systems (hardware/software)
- Proficiency with desktop software such as MS Office Suites.
- Proficient ability to relay complex system information that can be understood by general users
- Capable of quickly learning new skills and completing assignments with minimal supervision
- Proficient written and oral communications skills and problem-solving/decision-making skills
- Proficient analytical skills, attention to detail, and an ability to perform in a team-based, fast-paced, quick reaction environment
- Ability to work independently and multi-task
- Must have a compatible technical background/experience