The Technical Writer will design and produce web based user documentation for a highly configurable software product in a collaborative environment employing Agile development methodologies.Responsibilities
- Work with internal teams to gain in-depth knowledge of the product and documentation requirements
- Create and maintain Information Architecture on a web based delivery model
- Create web based user guides and tutorials for a variety of audiences, ranging from average users to tech-savvy.
- Be part of a cross-functional team to help define user interface text in our software product.
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical writing, related field or equivalent professional experience.
- At Least 3 years of experience writing technical end-user documentation.
- Experience in developing Information architecture for end user documentation.
- Proficiency in developing and publishing documentation with WordPress or similar content management solutions
- Experience with single-source/multi-output documentation tools such as RoboHelp, Madcap Flare, etc.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience with SnagIt, or similar image manipulator applications.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile/Kanban principles.
- Experience in start-up environments.
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation with attention to detail
- Ability to write concisely, yet informatively; excellent communication skills.
- Ability to gather information from disparate sources, grasp complex technical concepts and translate them to easily understandable content for audiences of varying technical expertise.
- Ability to work well with multiple software teams.
- Ability to work as a bridge between multiple departments.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Initiative, drive, and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to read/write HTML/CSS a plus