We are looking for Technical Writer for our client in Columbia, SC
Job Title: Technical Writer
Job Location: Columbia, SC
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
- The Replacement Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) project is one of the largest IT projects for the client.
- It is a multi-year effort to replace client?s aging MMIS, eligibility system, and related applications with a modern, service oriented architecture based system.
- This project will be very complex and will demand exceptionally high quality team members with good language skills, and a focus on delivery of high quality work products.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Researches, organizes, writes, edits, and produces technical data for projects.
- Organizes material and writes descriptive copy according to standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- May participate in the establishment of style guidelines and standards for texts and illustrations.
- Interact with subject matter experts and technical staff to collect information.
- Coordinates of the editing, composition, production, and delivery in accordance with applicable specifications, standards, and other requirements.
- Participates in the establishment of guidelines and standards for text and graphics.
- Conducts research on the subject matter including interviewing and observing subject matter experts, researching journals, on-line sources, and other substantive source material to write technical materials.
- Coordinates of ancillary services and interdepartmental activities required for publication, preparation, and delivery.
- Coordinates the quality-control activities required to ensure the accuracy and adequacy of each publication, including in-process and final reviews, editing for compliance with all applicable specifications and standards, validation, and change verification.
- Produces publications using computerized composition and text-management systems.
- Maintains constantly high qualitative and quantitative output standards to ensure that quality publications are produced.
- Completes all projects within the established schedules and authorized funding.
- Complies with all applicable specifications, standards, and other project constraints.
- Establishes and achieves annual quality and productivity goals.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- Bachelor?s Degree or equivalent
- 5years of experience in technical writing
- 5years of demonstrated verbal communication skills
- 5years of demonstrated written communication skills
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS/SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- Public Sector/Gov?t Experience - Not required, but preferred