We are looking for ??Technical Writer? for our client in Raleigh, NC
Job Title: ??Technical Writer
Job Location: Raleigh, NC
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Typical Experience: 36-60 months
- The primary purpose of this position is to produce technical documentation such as business continuity plans and procedures, generation of standard operating procedures (SOPs) for internal groups within the IT Security unit, manage a SOP catalog, create and manage standard templates for SOPs and other types of documentation, and review information to ensure content usability and accuracy.
- This position is responsible for creating a ServiceNow content style guide, managing templates for various types of content, and ensuring that all subject matter experts create content according to the style guide requirements.
- To successfully maintain and produce documentation and content, the position must consult with subject matter experts within DOR, use the templates and style guides to ensure consistency with standards, and make content suggestions and improvements based on an understanding of audience and content usability.
- This position must be able to review, edit, and publish content quickly to meet various deadlines. This position must be able to understand ServiceNow data analytics and metrics and make continual content improvements based on those metrics.
60% Documentation Creation/Revision and Review:
- This position is responsible for documenting and maintaining the technical SOPs and associated procedures with direction from the IT Security Manager and input from each program owner and other identified individuals.
- The position is also responsible creating, reviewing, and editing documentation such as SOPs, work instructions and other reference materials based on prioritized needs.
- The position participates in the transition phase of projects to determine SOPs and knowledge articles needed as part of project activities They create content based on established documentation standards.
- The position interviews and gathers information from subject matter experts in order to produce deliverables.
- The position is responsible for creating knowledge articles for ServiceNow, and reviewing articles created by others, based applicable standards and style guides prior to publishing in order to promote consistency.
- For ServiceNow, this position must work with subject matter experts across the agency to gain an understanding of the purpose, audience, and scope of the knowledge articles.
- This position must be able to contribute to the ServiceNow knowledge management strategy and use statistics and data available through the tool to perform periodic analysis to identify additional articles needed or existing articles that may need revision.
20% Coordination and planning:
- This position is responsible for coordinating and planning the creation or revision of documentation including SOPs, detailed work instructions, knowledge articles and other types of reference material.
- The position coordinates with the IT Security Manager and subject matter experts to set priorities for work and ensure documentation and content meets the needs of the identified audience.
- This position must coordinate with various groups to suggest types of content that will best fulfill the need, develop plans and schedules to complete the work, and communicate changes when needed.
15% Content maintenance:
- This position is responsible for maintaining a catalog of SOPs for IT Security as well as a catalog of ServiceNow articles and published SOPs. This position develops strategies and processes for monitoring and cataloging SOPs.
- This position must be able to work with SMEs across the agency to maintain content and oversee periodic review of information with content owners.
- 5% Documentation Standards ? This position designs templates and standards for SOPs and other types of documentation. They are responsible for designing and governing standards and style for IT Security SOPs and ServiceNow knowledge articles and instructions.
- They must use the principles of information design, usability, and plain language to support an employee-focused design approach.
- Advanced writing skills; ability to write clear and concise technical standard operating procedures, work instructions and knowledge articles
- Ability to gather, analyze and organize information
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with employees at all levels to understand business processes and produce a variety of documentation
- Ability to perform duties with limited supervision